• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

The Hammer

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
    It seems either very few folks know about the Hammer flash, or it's just not  "ticking the box" for them. I say this because the Mountain Runner flashes are the clear favorite, and what almost everyone who speaks with me is interested in.  Regardless, I thought it might be a good idea to let folks know about The Hammer flash.

The Hammer is the final evolution of my original flash from back in 2015. It is the most powerful flash of all flashes offered by any vendor for a c-14 with a slip on. It is smooth from bottom to top, delivers great fuel economy, and rides like a properly carbureted bike on off to on throttle conditions. Where it differs from the Mountain Runner flashes is that the secondaries do not mute initial throttle pickup, so it's "all the power, all the time", in other words you will get 100% of the available power for any given throttle setting. The Hammer does not exhibit the low throttle engine braking that the Mountain Runner flashes have, so I think unless you're a very experienced mountain rider the Hammer is probably not the best choice in that situation. On the other hand, if you are in a place like I live, the land of 11 curves in 318 miles, the Hammer is certainly the more "fun" flash. This is where it shines. The power from initial throttle turn is impressive all the time. Wheelies are common. The low gears will test your reactions because it's wheel up and pulling off the tach.

If you're looking to impress yourself with the c-14's power, this is it. Spend some time riding on the Hammer and you'll understand how it got it's name, there's nothing subtle about the power.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

nothing subtle about the MRP either... just saying.. I love de-cel, so I am happy...

here
https://advrider.com/f/threads/concours-c14-thread.411903/page-220#post-38243233

If the low end decel is lessened are you not using the secondaries in the tune?  And if not would this tune work with a flies out, zx headers, dual muzzy engine?

gPink said:
If the low end decel is lessened are you not using the secondaries in the tune?  And if not would this tune work with a flies out, zx headers, dual muzzy engine?

ha - you sound like you're trying to convince me of something  :rotflmao: .

the secondaries are still in play so as to provide some variable intake effect, which is not possible with flies out. But lacking the little bit of throttle sharness and fuel economy the secondary mapping can provide, yes, it would be similar to flies out. Now remember the fueling is going to be different with the exhaust though.  Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
gPink said:

ha - you sound like you're trying to convince me of something  :rotflmao: .

the secondaries are still in play so as to provide some variable intake effect, which is not possible with flies out. But lacking the little bit of throttle sharness and fuel economy the secondary mapping can provide, yes, it would be similar to flies out. Now remember the fueling is going to be different with the exhaust though.  Steve

Not at all, Steve. Back in '10, before there was any reflash available, I changed the exhaust system to a Muzzy full dual off an '07 zx14. Added a PC V with Autotune at the same time. When I removed the secondary throttle plates one of the screws broke. If not for that I would replace the plates, buy a flash and live happily ever after. I have no desire to remove the throttle bodies to r&r the screwup. I have been watching the development of the flashes, yours and others, with interest to see if something came up that I could use.
Gary

In lieu of R&R, you could just replace the whole set, I just saw some on e-bay for like $35... others a bit higher, but they are out there.. people are crashing C14's a lot... and parts are in good supply... I would do a "swap" if it were my bike Gary... that way you know whatever is needed is already there...

check your p/m's....
;) ;) ;)

then, you could get "flashed"... :great: :great:

gPink said:
Got the pm. Them things are dirt cheap. Have to rethink the thing. Thanks Rich.
Gary

I can foresee a call soon, to the amazing "bubbah"... once they arrive.. best of luck bro, my pleasure to assist...

FlawlessThisCurassow-small.gif

Mountain Runner Premium.. please...

gPink said:
If not for that I would replace the plates, buy a flash and live happily ever after. I have no desire to remove the throttle bodies to r&r the screwup. I have been watching the development of the flashes, yours and others, with interest to see if something came up that I could use.
Gary
Gary, I have a set of perfectly fine throttle bodies that you can have. I bought them off Ebay just for the screws and secondary plates as my secondary plates  were missing and I wanted to remove my PC5 , install throttle plates and go with Steves flash -- which I did and wow.... so much better. You can have the throttle bodies  if you want them as long as you still have your plates your good (just have to get another screw to replace the one you broke)

Mike, that is an outstanding offer and I thank you for it. Seems that MOB pushed me over the edge earlier and I bought a set off ebay. Looks like I'll be freshening up the '08 this winter. Might be time to put the take off zx forks on. I sincerely appreciate the offer and the spirit it was made in.
Gary

Daytona_Mike said:
gPink said:
If not for that I would replace the plates, buy a flash and live happily ever after. I have no desire to remove the throttle bodies to r&r the screwup. I have been watching the development of the flashes, yours and others, with interest to see if something came up that I could use.
Gary
Gary, I have a set of perfectly fine throttle bodies that you can have. I bought them off Ebay just for the screws and secondary plates as my secondary plates  were missing and I wanted to remove my PC5 , install throttle plates and go with Steves flash -- which I did and wow.... so much better. You can have the throttle bodies  if you want them as long as you still have your plates your good (just have to get another screw to replace the one you broke)

gPink said:
Mike, that is an outstanding offer and I thank you for it. Seems that MOB pushed me over the edge earlier and I bought a set off ebay. Looks like I'll be freshening up the '08 this winter. Might be time to put the take off zx forks on. I sincerely appreciate the offer and the spirit it was made in.
Gary

yeah, I pushed him reallly hard.. to buy them..  :rotflmao:
hell from the comfort of the couch, he paid less than a trip out to home depot to buy a screw.. so yeah,  I think he's golden now....  :)) :)) :))

throttle bodies, with injectors, and all the wires.. for ... I ain't saying, but he got them very low priced... like, shipping price... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

hang on to those tho.. some one will be needing them am sure... :great: :great: :great: gar-unnnn tee