• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Thinking of selling my 2009 red (the fastest color) C-14

tlr-boise

Thinking of selling my 2009 C-14. I love it; it's a rocket, as we know, but I just don't ride it much. It kinda kills me to sell it but it kinda kills me to see it sitting in my garage not being used. It's always been a little heavy, and top heavy, for me, as I'm 5'8" and I've dumped it three times over the years, all at .1 mph.

13,690 miles.

Excellent condition, a few scratches on it, low down in the black. Lots of extras: windshield, lowering links, risers, extra lights, LED rear lights, saddlebag liners, tank bag, and more. If there's interest, I'll make a detailed list and take lots of pics.

I always keep it on a smart trickle charger, but the battery might be old enough to replace.

Located in Boise, Idaho. Where we have a terrific C-14 mechanic and he's always take good care of it for me.

Any interest?

Attachments

• IMG_2017.JPG
    IMG_2017.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2019.JPG
    IMG_2019.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2020.JPG
    IMG_2020.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 119
She is so pretty! Someone will get a great ride for sure. I have her sister and have been enjoying the ride since she showed up in April.

Attachments

• 695CAF22-0EC2-4C2E-BD95-2C294C1617BE.jpeg
    695CAF22-0EC2-4C2E-BD95-2C294C1617BE.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 74
Thinking of selling my 2009 C-14. I love it; it's a rocket, as we know, but I just don't ride it much. It kinda kills me to sell it but it kinda kills me to see it sitting in my garage not being used. It's always been a little heavy, and top heavy, for me, as I'm 5'8" and I've dumped it three times over the years, all at .1 mph.

13,690 miles.

Excellent condition, a few scratches on it, low down in the black. Lots of extras: windshield, lowering links, risers, extra lights, LED rear lights, saddlebag liners, tank bag, and more. If there's interest, I'll make a detailed list and take lots of pics.

I always keep it on a smart trickle charger, but the battery might be old enough to replace.

Located in Boise, Idaho. Where we have a terrific C-14 mechanic and he's always take good care of it for me.

Any interest?
you'll have interest/no interest based on price. May I suggest you give everyone an idea of what you're looking to get for it.

I'll have to figure that out, and I'm wondering how much shipping a motorcycle would be, to somewhere way far from Boise. I haven't checked on pricing yet, and haven't posted it on local Craiglist or anywhere else yet.

When I figure out a price, however, I'll post it here first.

I’m no expert, but I’ve been watching prices for different bikes and here on the West Coast I’ve been seeing early C14s listed for ~$4,500, up to $5,500 with ABS. Note those are listed prices on Craigslist — no idea what they end up going for. I suspect sport touring prices are dropping from a glut of FJRs — I’ve seen a half dozen ABS models with list prices dropping into the low $3ks and even down to $2,500. Different bike, and they have more miles, but similar target rider, so I‘m guessing it’s making it harder to move the more valuable C14s.
Good luck with your sale.

I’m no expert, but I’ve been watching prices for different bikes and here on the West Coast I’ve been seeing early C14s listed for ~$4,500, up to $5,500 with ABS. Note those are listed prices on Craigslist — no idea what they end up going for. I suspect sport touring prices are dropping from a glut of FJRs — I’ve seen a half dozen ABS models with list prices dropping into the low $3ks and even down to $2,500. Different bike, and they have more miles, but similar target rider, so I‘m guessing it’s making it harder to move the more valuable C14s.
Good luck with your sale.
Thanks santacruzrider! My limited research, on Cycletrader, shows only 13 2009's, a variety of mileages, and asking prices from $4,499 up to $9,999, and mostly from dealers. I've got some more homework to do. And, I still haven't completely decided about selling it.

ask $5500 see what happens. I paid $6k for my 08 last month. Some may think it's a little high, but it was a good deal to me & the buyer. One owner, owned by a retired military, lovingly cared for, never down, came with 3 seats, a Corbin Smuggler($1200 item), which I LOVE!, 2 windshields, and 22K miles. To me, a former HD rider, used to paying $15-$20K for bikes that are slow dump trucks compared to the Connie....it's a bargain!

I know that on some of the social media sites some have commented to have paid anywhere from $4800 to $5600 for a low mileage 2008-2009 model.
It has made me think of selling mine. 🤔
Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Dale

Beautiful machine. Have the same one. The early models have billet cams. Low miles on yours...I would start at $ 6000.00 and see what bites you get...