• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

This connects to Battery Frame Ground, right?

Wandrng

Just a nerd who rides
Looking for confirmation from smarter people, with better memories.

When I put the battery back in place on my 2015 C14 (been out for almost 5 months), the small black and yellow wire with the ring connector goes to the battery frame ground, right? (on same bolt as the the ground cable from the battery)

Just don't want to screw it up and fry any important bits because of a bad memory.

Thanks
battery-ground-abs-lead.jpg

It's amazing how simple things...that you think will be SO easy upon reassembly...get so cloudy and confusing after a little time has passed. I have learned to grab the cell phone and take pictures of pretty much for everything I do on the bike...(battery change-outs for sure!).

It's amazing how simple things...that you think will be SO easy upon reassembly...get so cloudy and confusing after a little time has passed. I have learned to grab the cell phone and take pictures of pretty much for everything I do on the bike...(battery change-outs for sure!).
Did that when performing my valve-adustment procedure. Lots of pics of the internals. I've had the bodywork off the bikes routinely so I'm getting too familiar with the process...!

It's even more corn-fusing if you work on many Honda motorcycles, because they use Black with Yellow stripe for + power.

Attachments

• C14BatteryConnections.JPG
    C14BatteryConnections.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 112