• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

This could be a good thing for Hayden- and now it's OFFICIAL!

Boy, that would be great to have NH in wsb. We need great American riders in these different series. And being on a competitive package would sure help....

Anything to get NH on a competing ride would be better than his current situation with Ducati

I'm new to the world of motorcycle racing, and just started watching MGP this year. But didn't Rossi just win at Assen on a Duc? That would seem to indicate that the machine is competitive when set up correctly.

bajakirch said:
But didn't Rossi just win at Assen on a Duc?

No, Rossi just won at Assen on a Yamaha. He scored ZERO race wins in the previous two seasons while riding for Ducati...

I would love to see NH give a shot at winning a WSBK title! I guess I'd really just like to see him be competitive again, no matter what series he happens to be riding in...

The only time either of the Duc's got any higher than 6th or 7th the past two seasons was when it was wet- and that's only because Nicky is an awesome wet rider!  :allhail:

by all means, get off the Duc...and i hope he doesnt WSB with the Duc either...tho with their current riders, all of whom have missed races, they may double pay nick to stay in the fold and come back for wild card and substitution rides.

BMW, Aprillia, even go back to Honda...

it has always baffled me, this guy wins and he still never is given #1 rider status.

in testing, he does twice as many laps as the next rider, but his feedback isnt followed.

i read yrs ago, he won the motogp championship, and a honda official comes up to him saying they were sorry, he wasnt suppose to win.  the bike was simply a lab bike for the new 800 regs that were coming into motogp the following yr.  all just for testing theorys.  he wins, and they dont care, they are too busy building a bike for danny p.  are you kidding me?

at duc, rossi is failing, has to use nickys settings for most of 2012 just to race around.  leaves duc and now is winning again, you dont think nick could win again on a yam or honda.

WSB, sure, go win it all and be in the record books, or even better.  go to a team with a honda customer bike, 213V without neumatic valves...and race for top 5s...

if you think this guy is done...you'd be mistaken.

just get OFF THE DUC!!!

At some tracks the WSB bikes are only tenths off the pace of the MotoGP bikes so it wouldn't be a big change for Nicky to make the move.  Meanwhile, Stoner is testing the new Honda MotoGP bike for them.  He says he just misses riding the bike, but isn't interested in returning to racing. 

for THIS year...i would love love love to see nicky find some magical setting, and go out and run at the front for the rest of the season, garner podium appearances from now until november, beat those guys badly, even win one or two...then come back and have Ducati make him an offer, and he just tells them to go blow...

mnofpeace said:
by all means, get off the Duc...and i hope he doesnt WSB with the Duc either...tho with their current riders, all of whom have missed races, they may double pay nick to stay in the fold and come back for wild card and substitution rides.

BMW, Aprillia, even go back to Honda...

it has always baffled me, this guy wins and he still never is given #1 rider status.

in testing, he does twice as many laps as the next rider, but his feedback isnt followed.

i read yrs ago, he won the motogp championship, and a honda official comes up to him saying they were sorry, he wasnt suppose to win.  the bike was simply a lab bike for the new 800 regs that were coming into motogp the following yr.  all just for testing theorys.  he wins, and they dont care, they are too busy building a bike for danny p.  are you kidding me?

at duc, rossi is failing, has to use nickys settings for most of 2012 just to race around.  leaves duc and now is winning again, you dont think nick could win again on a yam or honda.

WSB, sure, go win it all and be in the record books, or even better.  go to a team with a honda customer bike, 213V without neumatic valves...and race for top 5s...

if you think this guy is done...you'd be mistaken.

just get OFF THE DUC!!!

I could not agree more! Would love to see him contend for a few more championships!  :beerchug: