• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

This should count, so I have to ask

Tour1

Tour1 said:
More for the bike than to the bike, I "poured" a 3-1/2 foot wide by 10" long slab right where I want to put the centerstand of the bike when I park it.  Since moving other stuff into the Connie's part of the garage I've been using trial & error to find the level spot in a flagstone walk.  It's bad karma to keep doing that at especially with soft dirt between the stones.  I made my mini slab 2.5 or 3 inches thick with a 16 gage perforated steel strap as a backbone and some 7 inch clippings of chain link fence as ribs.  All material was left overs so I also cleaned up and gained some storage space.
Edit: 3 days later it should be full strength.  On my 1st try rocking it up on the centerstand I missed the slab.  The tipover bars worked and I got it back up without assistance.
I didn't drop her on purpose, nor was it a riding accident.  Over the years my attitude about a CDA number has changed, though.  I used to think like the guy in The Right Stuff who wanted his picture on the wall behind the bar.  Now, if I don't get a CDA number, amen to that  :truce: