• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

This weekend's action

krumgrinder

Street Cruiser
Managed to watch the Sachsenring race this evening, good battles all the way around throughout the race.  Without giving too much away, I'll say I'm glad to see that there were only two DNF's in this race, which I was afraid there might be more given the issues many riders had with traction during practice and qualifying.  Marquez is starting to look a bit like Stoner, and Crutchlow is stepping out on stage.  Be sure to watch this one!

Hope to watch the AMA races from Mid-Ohio on the evenings this week; really wish I could've made it up to the track but had on-call duty for work this weekend.

He's good. But IMO, yesterdays events kind of made his ride less stellar than appeared. Nice ride, but just how good was it really?  Again, without giving things away.

Someone watching only the start and the first 5-8 laps would not believe how this race ended up.  Nice to see Bradl get in there and lead for a while at his home track, good for the crowd excitement- and even if he couldn't maintain it, at least he was in the mix for the entire race.  I'd really like to see him get that Givi Honda competitive w/Pedrosa and Marquez, if that's possible.

There are 3 "aliens" (MM, Pedrosa and Lorenzo) and 2 of them were missing.  This is why everybody but Marquez was 2 places higher than they "should have been".

I'm betting MM takes the whole thing this year in his rookie season.

Crutchlow is a great talent but will never get a good ride again after this year.  The Japanese are extremely sensitive to finger pointing (Crutchlow's terrible comments about Yamaha) and for this reason he won't be back on a decent factory bike.  This leaves the B teams (like Monster) or Ducati.

Since the Italians hate criticism from their own guys you will see a very short-lived contract should they try out Crutchlow.  I figure he'll go Ducati next year and do no better than Hayden/Dovi.

My 2 cents worth.

Pete

Hogboy said:
Since the Italians hate criticism from their own guys you will see a very short-lived contract should they try out Crutchlow.  I figure he'll go Ducati next year and do no better than Hayden/Dovi.

My 2 cents worth.

Pete

Ah yes, Ducati GP. The black hole of Motor GP.
images