• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Throttle Lock

I've run an Atlas and a Throttle Meister on my C10. They both work fine. The Atlas is easier to engage and disengage. The TM is a little more positive when engaged and not as likely to vibrate/move off your setting.

My C14 has MC Cruise electronic cruise control, installed by previous owner. It's light years ahead of a throttle lock.

Kaoko is nice, blends right in without even noticing when installed, non bulky and obtrusive like some cheaper brands. It works well for what it is, (not a cruise control) I bought one after the other number one brand became extinct.
  I thought would use it more, I'm rarely at one speed long enough on this bike. I would recommend it to those wanting a "Throttle Lock"

BrakeAway Throttle Lock. Best I have ever used. Especially good for quick lock and rest for a few moments. Comes off with hand brake application. Slight modifications needed as they do not say they have a set up for C-14

Attachments

• TL-1.jpg
    TL-1.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 192
  • TL2-1.jpg
    TL2-1.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 193
I used Throttle Meister and liked the look and function. Ultimately I upgraded to cruise control and will never go back, however I have kept the Throttle Meister because of the look (I disabled the throttle lock capability).

I installed a Vista Cruise as it's soooo EZ to use.
I've had the Vista Cruise locks on every Connie I've had.. {5} Works great!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vista-Cruise-Motorcycle-Cruise-Control-Throttle-Lock-for-Yamaha-7-8-Bars-MCVICY/274195990117?epid=171177773&hash=item3fd75ac665:g:czgAAOSweF1eGNX7

It takes a little tinkering to get it installed, but simple instructions can be found on this Forum. {from Harry Martin}
  ie; Simple instructions from a simple mind…    :rotflmao:
              {don't tell Harry I sed that}

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I installed a Vista Cruise as it's soooo EZ to use.
I've had the Vista Cruise locks on every Connie I've had...

Yep, reliable product -- had it on two other OTR bikes...

+1 for the Vista, i ride with my hands out on the end of the grips for leverage so a kaoko doesn't work for me but i don't even notice the Vista and its stupid easy to use. Also pretty easily stolen i guess, but they're only like, $20.

I heartily recommend the Kaoko.

I've had Throttlemeister units in the past (on both my C10's). I found them fiddly to adjust properly and (I had the smooth chrome finish) distracting to activate, requiring taking my hand OFF the throttle to twist the activation knob.

The Kaoko installation on my C14 took less than an hour. No setup or adjustment hassles- it just WORKED. And the knobby knob means I can activate it with my pinky, without interrupting my throttle control one whit. Want more resistance? Just turn the knob farther. I plan to install one on my Multi this spring. And I don't find the price out of line for a well designed and manufactured piece of kit.

That said, the Vista Cruise line has been around since I learned to ride, and that's a while now. I've never cared for the aesthetic personally, but their functionality and longevity is well proven. Go with whatever works best for you.