• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tim doing ok?

Tim R

Staff member
How are you doing after the procedure? Feeling better, strength returning?
ie; Give us a progress report..

Ride safe, Ted
Still pretty sore and don't feel like doing a heck of a lot. For instance, plugging the tickle charger in on the C14 really hurt.

connie_rider

Ok, keep us updated.
Right now, I know that we really don't want to make you laugh..
But, We need to know when it's time to start picking on you again. <evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Tim R

Staff member
Saw the Heart surgeon today. He said there was no reason for another visit with him. I was highly disappointed. NOT! This DR. got the ball rolling to have the ostomy reversed. I think I fell through some cracks with the covid thing. It probably should have been reversed some time ago.

Next is a echo scan to make sure my heart is ready for the ostomy reversal March 5th. This is a precaution only. Will see if that surgeon can also remove the port at that time.

2andblue

Saw the Heart surgeon today. He said there was no reason for another visit with him. I was highly disappointed. NOT! This DR. got the ball rolling to have the ostomy reversed.

You have been through quite the ordeal and I imagine you are counting the days to swing a leg over your Connie!

Congrats on the continued positive prognosis 👏.

connie_rider

Saw the Heart surgeon today. He said there was no reason for another visit with him. I was highly disappointed. NOT! This DR. got the ball rolling to have the ostomy reversed. I think I fell through some cracks with the covid thing. It probably should have been reversed some time ago.

Next is a echo scan to make sure my heart is ready for the ostomy reversal March 5th. This is a precaution only. Will see if that surgeon can also remove the port at that time.
Sounds like great news on the thumpin' gizzard.
I know that the reversal will be a relief! Must be a PITA..

Tim R

Staff member
I should say the Heart Surgeon said it won't be long before I'll start feeling like a 20 year old. Not so sure about that. Maybe if I could go #1 a little faster I might feel a lot younger for sure. ;)

And Ted you are right. The thumping gizzard is a pita. I will be glad when it's gone and so will the wife.

I'll be ready to ride in a couple more weeks. It might be a good thing it's cold outside for now.

tdbru

my prayers continue for your speedy recovery Tim!!
let us know when the reversal is a go for sure, we'll be praying.
-tdbru

Tim R

Staff member
my prayers continue for your speedy recovery Tim!!
let us know when the reversal is a go for sure, we'll be praying.
-tdbru
Thanks buddy. Saw the Surgeon today who is going to remove the bag and port. Everything is till on schedule for March 5th for the bag and port removal. As always when going under the knife there is potential for unforeseen problems. But this is pretty much straight forward.

An another unforeseen issue:

When we decided to do the second round of Chemo to make sure ALL the cancer was gone, it about killed me. I spent a week in the hospital with Heart, kidney, liver and pancreas being affected negatively. I'm a type 2 diabetic. Sugars went through the roof. I was controlling sugar with diet and medications. Suddenly I was on insulin. Then after the heart surgery it seemed like all I got was insulin every time thy checked me and still on the medication. I was getting more insulin than I had ever given myself.

I saw my GP and we agreed to try a longer lasting version of the insulin to cut down the number of shots I was giving myself. I hate doing that BTW. But here lately it seems blood sugar has improved to the point I have had little insulin. This last week I have given myself 3 units which is the smallest dose once. Sugars have been pretty darn good.

My theory is with increased blood flow now after the by pass surgery, the pancreas appears to be putting out more insulin for me. Of course I have lost a ton of weight and will have to be careful after the bag is gone. If I eat like I do now with the bag, I will gain the weight back post haste. I am only 15 pounds away from my high school weight now and still losing. I started at around 235lbs and am down to around 170 lbs.

I am ready for a good ride. Might have to sneak out before March 5th. See you at the BC

Tim R

Staff member
Covid test#15 is negative...so surgery is on for Friday the 5th. The bag and port goes away. I am happy this is the last full day I have to deal with that darn bag.

Tim R

Staff member
Thanks. We have a 9am show up time at Wenatchee in the morning. I expect to get out of jail on Monday. That is if I do what they want. :rolleyes:

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
Jehovah Rapha give you healing by His Stripes....Craig

connie_rider

Everyone else has the prayers covered, so, I'll be Cheering for ya Tim..
We'll be waiting for your ride err post surgery report...

Ride safe, Ted

Tim R

Staff member
OK this saga can be closed. I'm home from the hospital now in fact just a few hours ago. The Bag is GONE, just a stapled wound. Which is healing well. The port is gone too. While handy at times, it was a cause of some irritation.

So now I am on the mind eating my favorite foods. This does not include any fiber. which means Protein. The lower intestine is still learning it job. This means I glad we bought plenty of TP.

2andblue

OK this saga can be closed. I'm home from the hospital now in fact just a few hours ago. The Bag is GONE, just a stapled wound. Which is healing well. The port is gone too. While handy at times, it was a cause of some irritation.

So now I am on the mind eating my favorite foods. This does not include any fiber. which means Protein. The lower intestine is still learning it job. This means I glad we bought plenty of TP.
Welcome back!!!

tdbru

wonderful that you're on the mend Tim and the surgery was successful!! It will be great as your life gets back to normal. Looking forward to hearing about the first ride after the difficult year.
-tdbru

Tim R

Staff member
Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and prayers. I'm going to get some me some quality time with a certain Kawasaki. Maybe a couple of them.

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
BOWEL NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start ripping some good ones!

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
Glad everything went well Tim! We all look forward to hearing about your riding adventures in the near future!

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD

Good thing you didn't have this done last March, or you might have been SOL.

Tim R

Staff member
I'm still accepting TP roll donations. Getting better but still can't trust anything. Starting to get a little old but still better than emptying a bag.