• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Time for a new windshield - suggestions?

ursharkfuel

God got one thing wrong: Stupid should be PAINFUL!
This morning on my way to work, a large bird decided to strafe my Connie and misjudged my speed. Long story short, the windshield collected the unfortunate bird and shipped him to the great bird feeder in the sky. But as a parting gesture - he completed what was a originally a small crack near my right windshield mount, but is now a complete crack that extends to the top of my windshield.

I was planning on replacing the windshield before the season started, but life happened and now is the time to get it done.

I was looking at a VStream on Amazon for $159, but the seller raised the price while it was in my cart prior to purchase - TWICE! Once on the 5th, and I removed it from my cart, and did it again today. And you guessed it, I cancelled it again. I'm all about principal more than cost and if they will be that flaky just prior to the purchase, how will they be when it comes to shipping and warranty?

So I am open to suggestions. But, I really need to keep it to $200 or below because we have been bleeding money at a tremendous rate in 2021. Major electrical work, a new roof, and solar power for our home just to name a few of our cash vampires. I have had my eye on on a Copperdawg for a couple years, but at $499, it will have to wait. The Calsci looks nice, but a medium and shipping will blow my restrained budget. I see a VStream for sale here but I do not know the guy, and his price with shipping is right at the new pricing. Soooooo I need some opinions from the folks I trust.

C-10 or c-14? I have a shield I think is a cal Sci, but it has no markings. I bought it from a memeber here and never used it.Fits a c-14!

I have an OEM vented windshield I believe is from a '17 model minus the trim/plastics around the vent area I bought from someone here last year. I was planning to use it in the summer and my Vstream for fall/winter but now it's just sitting. Yours for $30 (same price I paid) plus shipping to your location. Pictures and info from the windshield and thread here => https://forum.concours.org/index.php?threads/c-14-stock-parts-for-sale.52815/#post-632919
Hi Robert,

That's a good deal, but I don't think the 17 will fit an 11. There were some changes I think between 13 and 14, I could be wrong on the exact range of the changes, but I do know there is a difference in the later models.

Thanks,
Jon

Hey Tillman,

I think you are right, it sure looks like a Cal Sci. It may be a Small one or possibly a Medium. A medium would be perfect, but beggars cannot be choosers. What is your price on it and where is it?

Thanks,
Jon
John im not sure if this shield will fit the 2011, it has that vent for the 2015 and up, it may fit you would just have that hole there.

Don't know your height, but I suggest a MRA Vario; It really looks great on a RED Connie, but would be ok on a Silver one. 🤠

If your taller. Mebbe a MRA-Xcreen

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I have the v stream on my 2008 and it works very well and looks good, I got mine from Fortnine, it is a Canadian company so your us dollars may make for a good deal .

I have the v stream on my 2008 and it works very well and looks good, I got mine from Fortnine, it is a Canadian company so your us dollars may make for a good deal .
I got multiple recommendations, thank you gents! With the VStream turning out to be the best deal at this time at $154 plus tax with free shipment on Amazon. Although it was not a Amazon Prime item.

Little did I know the vendor, SVS Power Sports in Staten Island, NY, would deliver it to my doorstep in California in less than 48 hours!!! I will install it this weekend, but I have no doubt it will be just fine because the box does not have a mark on it, much less a dent. But I wanted to drop a plug for this vendor because they got this item to me a full week before the committed delivery date. I may use them for other general items and they should be approached to be a COG vendor. I will continue to use our COG vendors, but in this case they did me solid and I respect that.

This morning on my way to work, a large bird decided to strafe my Connie and misjudged my speed. Long story short, the windshield collected the unfortunate bird and shipped him to the great bird feeder in the sky. But as a parting gesture - he completed what was a originally a small crack near my right windshield mount, but is now a complete crack that extends to the top of my windshield.

I was planning on replacing the windshield before the season started, but life happened and now is the time to get it done.

I was looking at a VStream on Amazon for $159, but the seller raised the price while it was in my cart prior to purchase - TWICE! Once on the 5th, and I removed it from my cart, and did it again today. And you guessed it, I cancelled it again. I'm all about principal more than cost and if they will be that flaky just prior to the purchase, how will they be when it comes to shipping and warranty?

So I am open to suggestions. But, I really need to keep it to $200 or below because we have been bleeding money at a tremendous rate in 2021. Major electrical work, a new roof, and solar power for our home just to name a few of our cash vampires. I have had my eye on on a Copperdawg for a couple years, but at $499, it will have to wait. The Calsci looks nice, but a medium and shipping will blow my restrained budget. I see a VStream for sale here but I do not know the guy, and his price with shipping is right at the new pricing. Soooooo I need some opinions from the folks I trust.
i have a
vstream i used 1 time. sell for $75 u pay shipping. just didn't like it
**SOLD**

Last edited:
I was thinking of taking the one off of my 2016 and getting a V-Stream. I guess I would have to replace the covers. I wonder if the screws and gaskets are the same.

Curious chris, why ur thinking of replacing the vented stock one?...if ur seriously gonna swap out, tell.me hiw much u want for yours...

Hey... the wind hits me in the forehead and shoulders, it's annoying at highway speeds. I sometimes commute 55 miles ea way to work. The screen isn't perfect and the hinge is missing the detent ball on one side also so it's flimsy. I would probably just keep it.

The VStream fit perfectly on my 2011 C-14. It took longer to unpack the new windshield that it did to replace it on Connie. Remove 4 screws and the covers, remove gasket, then two more screws, remove cracked windshield, briefly line up new windshield, reinstall first two screws. put gasket back on, reinstall the 4 screws and the cover that holds everything in place and you're ready to rock! Easy - peasy.

Now the weather needs to cooperate so I can try it out! 110 plus is just too damn hot, but it is supposed to let up tomorrow and I'll be taking Connie to work. We both can't wait.

And for those of you that like to think "it is the desert, and it's a dry heat, 110 or more is not so bad........." Oh, sure. :rolleyes: To provide a little perspective for the uninformed, the next time you feel a little hot, you should run and grab the nearest blow dryer, switch it to only its lowest heat setting (to make it fair) and select the highest fan setting, then just "enjoy" the refreshment as you do so in your shorts and T shirt! :LOL: Yep, feels great, and it is "cooling" only your face! :ROFLMAO: But as a AGAT rider, imagine how wonderful that feels all over with the gear on!

Last edited:
I love everything about the new VStream! :)

When I bought my 2011 Connie from the prior owner, a couple years ago now. It knew the windshield on it was aftermarket because it was dark and seemed shorter than other Connie windshields I had seen. After riding with the prior shield and the VStream I am sold on it on the VStream, but not for the reasons you would think. 😮 Sure I like the coverage and the stillness offered when it is all the way up. And I bet I will be riding into November this year with the Vshield as it got too cold on the mountain in late October with the former "shortie" shield. But the really great thing the VShield has done is make my Connie more stable when it is windy - who would have thought. 😮 The afternoons in the Mojave desert are quite gusty and at times, very windy. And you would think a taller windshield would make that even worse, but it actually makes the airflow on the bike more uniform and as a result I don't need to "lean into" the wind as much as I did before. I can tell you on a two lane road with a strong gusty wind, your pucker factor goes up significantly when you are leaning hard INTO on coming traffic just to stay in your lane. When that wind suddenly stops gusting it can get VERY exciting. The new VStream has actually made that much more stable and reduced the pucker quite a bit!

I just got my 2014 C14 and it came with a VStream, so idk what it's like to ride a C14 without one, but I have a lot of experience riding in crosswinds (KLR 650, CB500X) and the C14 is very different. A lot less leaning into the wind, and when I feel the gust hit, I have to fight the muscle memory to lean into it, because the wind just doesn't affect the Connie that much.

My VStream vibrates a lot, and now that I have the handlebar risers, my helmet gets back into the windstream. I wonder if anyone has a trick for dealing with this.

Mra has an attachment screen that adds to the total bubble...
Im 5'10" and have a v stream on my 2010. Having the mra 'wing' on it lets me keep the screen nearly all the way down, yet im still in the bubble. If i want wind in the face cooling (southern georgia) i put it all the way down and enjoy the breeze. I think its adjustable as well and runs about$100...

Mra x creen.... $125 at revzilla...

Couldntcomment on the mra withstock vs vstream situation... at 85+ itll wiggle some, so anytime i.wanna see 85 or more , i drop the screen and get in the tuck..

It will if i run it up to full height, but i never need to go there, other than doing maintenance that involves removing the 2 push pins under the screen, i put the top just below my line of sight which gives me the best of both worlds.... visibility and cooling. If i want more breeze i drop it a little more...

I just got my 2014 C14 and it came with a VStream, so idk what it's like to ride a C14 without one, but I have a lot of experience riding in crosswinds (KLR 650, CB500X) and the C14 is very different. A lot less leaning into the wind, and when I feel the gust hit, I have to fight the muscle memory to lean into it, because the wind just doesn't affect the Connie that much.

My VStream vibrates a lot, and now that I have the handlebar risers, my helmet gets back into the windstream. I wonder if anyone has a trick for dealing with this.

On Thursday we had 40 to 50 MPH gusts that normally blow my Connie all over the road, but now that she is sporting a new V Stream she is MUCH more stable. Yes, the wind can move her around, but not as aggressively as before. The V Stream made a significant difference when it comes to wind stability.

And before you ask, I have no idea what brand the prior windshield was because it was on her from the prior owner when I bought her. All I can tell you is it had a dark tint, and no shape other than a half round contour from one side to the other. And it was a little shorter than the V Stream.