• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Time for an update!

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
  My personal life has taken center stage, and will continue to until about the end of April. I have been deep in a project to build my final home. I'm 60 this year... I think a lot of you know where my head is at. We bought 7.5 acres out in the country in north Florida, tucked right up against a state park. Heavily wooded, and loaded with wildlife, not in a neighborhood, and a nice long wooded driveway just to get to my place. I cleared the property with the help of a friend, designed a house and had it built. I also had a new shop building erected. Everything there is done. The house is newly furnished and my shop is moved and set up. However I am presently in my old house, finalizing a remodel and getting it ready to sell. We have a buyer, and should close by the end of this month. When all is said and done, I will have a new home / shop / life and everything will be paid for, I'll be debt free again. WOOHOO!

You may wonder why I've posted this on my "bike" page. Simply, it's because this endeavor has really consumed my time, and although my newest flashes are ready to go I'm not going to do the full release until I'm moved and have internet set up, etc (yeah, when you're remote that's an issue). If I released them now, it would create havoc... I don't have enough time of the day as it is, much less the avalanche of ECU's that come with a new release... and this one is going to be no exception.

BTW, on the new flashes... beta testers are all floored with the power. It is what I said it is. I did over 100 dyno runs after posting my last dyno charts, and I'm satisfied that I have gotten all the power that's on the table.  PLEASE though, understand I'm not going to do the release until MAY, when everything in my personal life is back in order.

Thanks to all my friends for your patience. I promise, it will be worth the wait.

Steve

Congrats on the new house and new life. I can't wait to retire and maybe move close to you in FL. That is still some yrs out.

7.5 acres is a lot of space. What will you do with all that? You could have bought a nice home in DC you know. I would show you around too.

DC Concours said:
7.5 acres is a lot of space. What will you do with all that? You could have bought a nice home in DC you know. I would show you around too.

Most of the acreage is left undisturbed. I like to hunt... as long as I live there I'll never be without meat - seriously!  I love being in the woods and having some privacy. It's kinda nice to just pee anywhere on your property that you want to, and not have to worry about it. Morning coffee on the porch, listening to the birds and turkeys nearby and cows in the distance. That's not the kind of thing someone from DC would say, or even think is cool... but this is the life I always wanted and worked for. The only bad part about it is that the riding around there is the proverbial "11 turns in 318 miles" . It's really a dragracers paradise. Speaking of which, Chris Jones, world champion drag bike builder lives there... we are already talking about collaborating on a race bike  ;)  Steve

Hey there Steve. Really happy for you, great location where you are. We close on our new place on the 26th and I'll be about 15 miles/minutes (depending on traffic) from you just west of Trenton on county Rd. 307 not as secluded as your place but its 2 acres outside of Pinellas county. Still lovin' the Mountain Runner, wow what a difference, really smoothes the sharp edges. Once again congratulations and best wishes on your new location. :beerchug:

Congratulations Steve on your new home, you've had your plate full for a while. Glad you have a buyer lined up, everything is working out but that's no accident, just a lot of work. Now attempt to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

I am glad you achieved a piece of your American dream.

Even though I live in DC I still think a nice countryside has immense beauty and a charm to it. I also think it is cool that you can just whip it out and pee anywhere on your property. I want to do that too. I would also think you can nude sunbathe anywhere on all your acreage w/o disturbance. You got it going on man. You see, we are not that different!

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Most of the acreage is left undisturbed. I like to hunt... as long as I live there I'll never be without meat - seriously!  I love being in the woods and having some privacy. It's kinda nice to just pee anywhere on your property that you want to, and not have to worry about it. Morning coffee on the porch, listening to the birds and turkeys nearby and cows in the distance. That's not the kind of thing someone from DC would say, or even think is cool... but this is the life I always wanted and worked for. The only bad part about it is that the riding around there is the proverbial "11 turns in 318 miles" . It's really a dragracers paradise. Speaking of which, Chris Jones, world champion drag bike builder lives there... we are already talking about collaborating on a race bike  ;)  Steve

Sweet!  Sometimes it seems like these things take forever.

It's nice to see you hit a 'milestone' like this Steve.  Makes
all the worry and stress seem a bit more worth it.

Hang in there!!  :beerchug: