• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Time to move up to C14 from C10

desertrider1

Have my 2006 C10 up for sale on Phoenix Craig's List. Bought a C14 from my nephew in Utah and flew out and rode the 640 miles home to Mesa, AZ. last Saturday. Here's the ad:

2006 Kawasaki C10 Concours Let The Good Times Roll

Inside every Concours beats the heart of a Ninja-born in a factory, perfected on the racetrack and refined for the street.
This bike has been the best bike (out of 12) I have owned up until now-I just bought a C14 Concours, so "Blue Bomber" is being replaced by the “Silver Streak”. No need for 2 street bikes again.

I have owned this bike since 2006 and put all but 525 miles on it. Ridden mostly on the freeways during multi-day rides and completing “Iron Butt” rides, this bike has never left me stranded or disappointed or with a frown on my face. 66,500 miles is not a lot for this bike; the COG website has examples with over 150,000 to 200,000 miles and still going strong.

The 997 cc inline 4-cylinder, double overhead cam, 16 valve engine with 7.5-gallon fuel tank takes you far and fast-this bike may be older but is still faster than most cars on the road aside from exotics or the C-8 Corvette! 135MPH top speed and at sane speeds returns consistent 40 to 50 MPG all day long on regular unleaded-premium not required.

This is a frugal bike from maintenance to insurance to licensing and will not break the bank.
Farkles include: Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines, Progressive Fork Springs, aftermarket highway pegs, high intensity headlight wiring harness, headlight acrylic cover, Murph’s fenda extender (keeps rain and mud off the radiator), Powerlet socket in the fairing, rebuilt carbs (10/2021), new fuel petcock, Recent brand new K&N Air Filter. Factory backrest and tank protector included.

Full synthetic oil and filter changes minimum every 5,000 miles, valve clearance/adjustments every 20,000 miles. Rear shaft drive oil changed every 10,000 miles with full synthetic gear lube. New brake pads front and rear last year. Well maintained bike ready to ride. Rear tire has plenty of life left, front tire probably 1000 miles left but brand-new tire ready to mount goes with the bike.

Never dropped or down, no damage, no disappointments. $2750.00

No free joy rides, license and cash in my hand before you ride. You wreck it, you bought it.

Attachments

• Front right.jpg
    Front right.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 124
  • low left side 2.jpg
    low left side 2.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 119
  • rear left.jpg
    rear left.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 112
  • right side rear.jpg
    right side rear.jpg