• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tinted windscreen??

I searched the forum for information on tinted windscreens but there hasn’t been any discussion that I can find in any recent years. Anyone have any suggestions? Pics would be great but I can also use the Google just fine. I like the look of the stocker screen so I’d like to stay as close to that look as possible.

The problem is that Tint doesn't adhere well to the plastic windscreen due to the plastic "out gassing" over time will causing the tint to separate from the shield. You have to either buy a tinted screen or paint the inside of your screen (which is what I did).

The problem is that Tint doesn't adhere well to the plastic windscreen due to the plastic "out gassing" over time will causing the tint to separate from the shield. You have to either buy a tinted screen or paint the inside of your screen (which is what I did).
what type of paint did you use, and how long has this been applied (miles and time) ?

Any special surface preparation needed?

Curious how flexible the paint must be to handle the constant movement, change in shape at speed, vehicle blasts, etc.

Also this then turns the shield Into a no see through right?

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I guess I should have clarified in my OP. I’m not looking to tint my stock screen. I’m looking to replace it with a tinted one. Certainly not looking to paint it or apply window tint to it or anything like that….

Bring your windscreen of choice to a painter. They will paint the inside black and you will be good to go. I have done several and am very happy with the final product. No more reflection or distractions...

Again, I’m not looking to paint or modify my stock screen. I want to buy an aftermarket tinted screen and I’m looking for feedback on tinted screens that others are using or have used.

I have a mra vario. I am using madstad brackets. I don't care for it without the brackets. I'd recommend the touring version.

Attachments

• IMG_20220921_105947_208.jpg
    IMG_20220921_105947_208.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 96
I second MRA Vario. I have been very pleased with mine. I don't have the madstat brackets but I would eventually like to add them.

Attachments

• 20220606_123049.jpg
    20220606_123049.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 20220606_104250.jpg
    20220606_104250.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 97
I have a Tinted MRA Vario Touring on mine.
The Vario has extension arms and Double Hinges

The MRA X-Creen Touring has the taller Wing.
Also comes in Tinted.
The X-Creen has extension arms and Single Hinges

Both are called Touring here. Not sure which one Bud has?
Think it's the Vario.

Last edited:
It's the vario. I should have gotten the one with the taller wing. I would suggest you have the seat you're going to stick with before choosing a screen. The seat I'm using is a bit taller and sits me up higher and that's why I would rather have the taller wing. One affects the other.
HTH

what type of paint did you use, and how long has this been applied (miles and time) ?

Any special surface preparation needed?

Curious how flexible the paint must be to handle the constant movement, change in shape at speed, vehicle blasts, etc.

Also this then turns the shield Into a no see through right?

Wayne, Carol & Blue
I'll send you a pm, so as to not derail this intent of the OP.