• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tiny Little Sidecase Screws

gregstur

Tricycle
Got home tonight and the stationary part of the latch that closes the sidecases fell off. Recovered one of the tiny little screws that attaches it to the case. Any idea where to find a replacement for the other? Seems like a great application for a pop rivet, but probably wouldn't allow enough clearance for the latch to engage the hasp? Thanks!

I haven't had my bike very long, but it has pop rivets on one side and screws in the other. Don't know how long it's been this way but no problems either side at this time though!

Thanks, everybody - found the second tiny screw hiding in one of the aluminum channels in the sidecase (sneaky little devil). Loctited them both and tightened up all the rest of those little buggers!

Whoops

I was checking mine today and found a couple missing. Any idea of size? HEading to parts fiche to see if I can source them

The star of m.a.s.h. (lol couldnt resist) hawkeye pierce said in his post he believes they are 3mm, and found them in the r/c area of his local hobby shop....

Im gonna assume he calls his wife hot lips....lol

Ha

I went over to my cousin in the local hardware store (yes ....I almost went to Menard's but I always support local) and took him one of the remaining screws.

TUrns out it was a 5mm x 12 mm.....ohhh....and I did not realize this was c10 thread till I came back to report. I have 2 C14s. but my search was for Sidecase screws and this is where it brought me. I never thought to check which bike it was talking about.