• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tip-over Bars

The Doctor

So, looking at the tip-over bars, I have two questions.

1) Now that only the fronts are being sold with no rear, how does that alter the protection? Has anyone "tested" it with just the fronts on?

2) How do you take the fairings off? This may be a silly silly question. But it looks like the mount goes through one of the fairing holes. So... if you have a closed loop... that goes through another closed loop...

johnny_automatic_linking_rings.png

I had a C10 for 7 years and 65,000 miles, and had only the fronts installed. I'm a certified klutz and can attest that the fronts only do a good job. I dropped the bike a number of times, and the bars did a good job protecting everything.
As for the mounting, the bars have a small bracket that mounts to the frame, then the bar mounts to the bracket.
The trick is to mount everything with the plastic off, then remove the bars from the brackets, and the re-mount everything.
Not as bad as it sounds.

The Rivco bars (murphskits.com) will make taking off the side farings a bit fiddly.
A pivoting ratchet combo wrench makes the job less of a chore.
I went with the Rivco, which work vey well, and they also add mounting points
for aux lights and highway pegs.

Canyon cage tip over bars have a more user friendly mounting system, but the
different design may allow the bike to roll over further than the Rivco bars.
It seems the only way to acquire the canyon cages these days is second hand.

We will soon have a batch of these bars completed ( within the next three weeks)
25 pair of which about 7 are spoken for,  the fronts are $230, the rears $200, complete package $430.

Cost of materials and shipping have caught up with us

Murph

Murph said:
We will soon have a batch of these bars completed ( within the next three weeks)
25 pair of which about 7 are spoken for,  the fronts are $230, the rears $200, complete package $430.

Murph

Hey Murph any pictures of these bars??? Preferably installed  :)

I don't visit this part of the forum much, so I for not apologize for not posting this earlier, although I have posted these pics elsewhere.  I dropper her in the basement when my foot slipped off the center stand pedal and I lost my balance.  The bike came to rest on the right side tip-over bar, and the right bag.  The windshield and right mirror got sheared off by the workbench, but that was all.  So...yes, the front bars alone will should support the bike.  The main thing is, without the tip-over bars, the bike tends to go "over-center".  Because it is so top-heavy (especially with a full tank of fuel), that the footpeg will act as a fulcrum and the top weight of the bike will pull it down over that.  Getting all that weight up over the footpeg again is the real biotch.

Attachments

• P1040104emailsmallfornet.jpg
    P1040104emailsmallfornet.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 259
  • P1040102emailsmall.JPG
    P1040102emailsmall.JPG
    299.2 KB · Views: 291
  • P1040100emailverysmall.JPG
    P1040100emailverysmall.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 232
Murph said:

Murph

I am picking up a Concours tomorrow.  Can you send me a link to your products, photos?  Thanks!  mattgarr57@gmail.com