• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tips, Tricks, a few Important Warnings, and other Valuble Threads Indexed Here

willyp

Iron Butt
Instead of stickying a dozen or so topics, and missing a few more important ones, this topic will serve as an index to some of the tips, tricks, warnings, and other important subjects. Feel free to post links to threads that you feel are important, and I'll add the best ones to this post.

Links have been updated for the new forum and should be working as of 4/21/21. If a link is broken, please DO NOT post about it here. Just report this thread, stating which specific link is broken. As an alternative, use the forum Search feature (upper right), typing in the exact text for the item in the list, and choose "Search titles only", then click Search.

And, see also: List of best topics discussing customizing and upgrading accessories and mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOW THE UPSHIFT LOCKOUT FEATURE ( THE 3 BALLS IN 5TH GEAR ON OUTPUT SHAFT) FUNCTION, AND WORK..
pictorially...

these are not my drawings/pictures, they were given to me by Guy B. Young II, and all credit for retaining them goes to him...
just posting this to show some clarity...

Attachments

• GEARSET1.jpg
    GEARSET1.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 160
  • GEARSET2.jpg
    GEARSET2.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 141
  • GEARSET3.jpg
    GEARSET3.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 152
  • GEARSET4.jpg
    GEARSET4.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 138
  • GEARSET5.jpg
    GEARSET5.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll wager that this question has been answered a thousand times but I wasn't here, so, how do I test my radiator fan? It comes on sometimes but not always, seems like there are times when it should be on and it isn't.

just jumper between the 2 wires that attach to the temp switch that is on the lower left side of the radiator, ignition on or off, that circuit is always "enegized", and the fans should start spinning when the connection is jumpered. easy test.