• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tire Time Availability Chart

smeg1951

I spent some time today trying to figure out what tires to buy. There is a larger selection available than I thought there would be. There is even 8 matching front / rear combinations. I haven't decided which way to go but I am leaning towards radials:

1.  Avon Storm 3D X-M front and rear
2.  Michelin Road 5 GT front and Avon Storm 3D X-M rear
3.  Michelin Road 5 GT front and Shinko 011 Verge rear

I've used up my stock of Michelin pilot GTs. I was happy with those bias plys but what to go radial. I wish the road 5 GT's had our size front tire.

Any thoughts on what to pick? Anything I should add or change in the spread sheet?

Attachments

• Connie Tire Availability.xlsx
    13.1 KB · Views: 133
There is a mistake in the spreadsheet. The 150/80 16 Battlax BT-020 is designated by Bridgestone as a front tire and should not have been included.

Here's a revised spreadsheet. I've included manufacturer's recommended rim size where available.

The link below gives recommendations for rim sizes. Note that the web site does not agree with some of to the manufacturer's recommended sizes in my spreadsheet. It looks like bias ply are more tolerant of going to a narrow rim than radials are.

https://ridewrightwheels.com/pages/motorcycle-tire-wheel-fitment-chart

Attachments

• Connie Tire Availability.xlsx
    13.4 KB · Views: 124
Thanks Doug but a question, is it possible to convert this in another type of file, my computer has never heard of that type of file?

The file is just an Excel spreadsheet saved as a template. Fixed it for you.  :great:

Attachments

• Connie Tire Availability.xls
    63 KB · Views: 139
Strawboss said:
Thanks Doug but a question, is it possible to convert this in another type of file, my computer has never heard of that type of file?
Microsoft isn't the only game in town.  Libre Office has been around for years.  It does everything MS office does and is FREE!  If one is concerned about creating a document and others being able to open it, just export said document as a pdf.  Everyone can open a pdf.  Here's the link below to download the installation file.  HTH
https://www.libreoffice.org/

Doug_Smith_BC said:
I didn't put in the Michelin-Commander-II as it seems to be a Harley cruiser type.

Yes and Scorcher too. But there is a Michelin-Commander-III listed as Tourer.

Ken said:
what is the difference in the Michelin Road 5 and their Road 5 GT?
The GT has a stiffer sidewall than the non-GT.
This reduces heat buildup in the tyre and should increase tyre life.
However, if you have GT tyres fitted make sure you thoroughly warm them up before hitting the twisties hard.  :great:
That said, good luck finding the PR5 or even PR4 in standard C10 sizes.
So far as I can find they are available in 17" only.

I have the PR4 (non-GT) on my C14 front and rear.
On my C10 I have a PR3 front 110/80-ZR18 with an Avon 3DXM rear 150/80-ZR16.
On the C10 my next set will be a PR3 front with an Avon Spirit ST rear.

Doug_Smith_BC said:
I didn't put in the Michelin-Commander-II as it seems to be a Harley cruiser type.
That's what is currently on my 01 C10.  I have no complaints.

Shinko 011 Verge in stock sizes front and rear currently available through Bike Bandit fairly cheap, just bought a set.