• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tires I have used

fishdip22

Bicycle
So I am going to use this as kind of a tracker for the tires on the bike along with pictures of the tires. I did not take a picture of the stock tires tho.

Stock Bridgestone tires

lasted 8,123 miles I used them for long trips. The temps  they got used in the most was 100*F. I think for being a stock tire they where decent I ran them at 39-41PSI

Pilot power road 4s (360.00 installed)

They lasted 9,200 miles and was used almost 100% trip riding the temps they got used the most in was 110-120*F I used them at 39-41PSI I must say I hated them. In turns they would feel kind of wobbly not that they ever lost grip just flexing to much.

metzeler roadtec 01 HWM: Just put on so far they have been awesome. (400.00 installed)

I also have just changed to Metzeler Roadtec 01 HWM on both front and rear.  I changed from Pirelli Angel GT spec A with over 10,000 miles on them, had not hit the wear bars yet.  So far I find them very similar as far as handling, seem to flow int corners as opposed ti drooping like the Pirelli.  Both very stable at 120+ mph with no squirm.  How do they compare to the Michelin?

SW ROADRUNNER said:
I also have just changed to Metzeler Roadtec 01 HWM on both front and rear.  I changed from Pirelli Angel GT spec A with over 10,000 miles on them, had not hit the wear bars yet.  So far I find them very similar as far as handling, seem to flow int corners as opposed ti drooping like the Pirelli.  Both very stable at 120+ mph with no squirm.  How do they compare to the Michelin?

They don't. you get the unstable feel at 110 with the Michelin. And really the stock tires  to me where far better then the Pilots  heck I rode in a hell storm that had the rode covered in ice with the stock tires and they had a better feel then the pilots do on dry concrete. 

Well I had fun last night playing in a PHX AZ Monsoon testing out the tires on the way home before I drop the bike off at the dealer today. The tires did well I was traveling about 75-85 most of the way home as most traffic was going only 55-65MPH in the far right lanes so it was nice and open in the hov lane. There was only one time I could get the tires to start to feel like they where going to slip and that is when I was on the street they had put the oil on the asphalt a few weeks back.

Some tires I have used  :rotflmao:!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. It's been a little slow around here.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Attachments

• 20161101_164038.jpeg
    20161101_164038.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 184
That's awesome Cliff  :rotflmao:  I just started mounting my own tires.  I hope I never get that bad.  Or is it that good?  :motonoises:

Jorge said:
OK Cliff... somebody has to ask the question... why? :truce:

Not sure how to answer this Jorge, but I'll try.

Haven't made a trip to the dump in a couple years.

I go through more tires than 1 person should.

I always replace tires in pairs.

I didn't make it to 173,000 miles on the same set  :rotflmao.

Just Cliff said:
Jorge said:
OK Cliff... somebody has to ask the question... why? :truce:

Not sure how to answer this Jorge, but I'll try.

Haven't made a trip to the dump in a couple years.

I go through more tires than 1 person should.

I always replace tires in pairs.

I didn't make it to 173,000 miles on the same set  :rotflmao.

I'll tack on that tires don't last as long as they should.  :(

Well its that time once more so the ME-880 have been a excellent tire. I have mostly done trips to and from AZ-KY on them in August 8K miles and then flogging in the twists of AZ so they have mostly been used in the heat but even in the rain they handled awesome. I got 10,050 miles out of them. PSI was 39/40 respectively.

Attachments

• tire1.jpg
    tire1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 97
  • tire2.jpg
    tire2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 105
  • tire5.jpg
    tire5.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 100
  • tire6.jpg
    tire6.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 101
I wonder if anyone can give  thier impressions of the Metzeler Road Tec  01 SW  Roadrunner mentioned. Or any deals this August not to misss.

I got to look at what I got I think I forgot to list how they did for miles but looking at a post after I just got them they did well in wet conditions.

I have gone through about 73,000 miles on Michelins thinking it was the best tire for the bike and what was said about it on the forum (great input). The Michelins messed with my head and I could feel where it went from the harder middle to the softer side going into a turn (I live in north Georgia) I finally went to the Continental Roadattack 2 EVO and they made me feel like Valentino Rossi! LOL. Continental "cooks" the tire which is made of a single compound instead of a dual compound which eliminates the transition feel. I was riding with Jerry Holland this past weekend and he had the same tire on his FJR and he felt the same way about the tire. My son has a set of the Sportattack 2's on his MT09 and they don't budge in the corners. I rode the tires at Jennings track day and they performed perfectly. They looked like 50lbs. of chewed bubblegum. Getting around 5k out of them. Hope everyone gets what they are looking for.

Bill

Bill said:
I have gone through about 73,000 miles on Michelins thinking it was the best tire for the bike and what was said about it on the forum (great input). The Michelins messed with my head and I could feel where it went from the harder middle to the softer side going into a turn...
Bill

What type(s) of Michelins?  They do make single compound front tires.

Joe, I was using the PR3's and PR4's if I remember correctly. Not sure if Michelin makes a single compound sport touring tire. If you try the Continentals please let us know what you think.

Bill

i know its coming...i know how many miles i WON"T get out of them...but

using some Dunlop Q3+'s on my '09 this summer.  They carve like a scalpel.  they carve like a master meat-cutter at an all-inclusive, they carve like a chainsaw artist on an ice block at the winter festival.

I am using them just to see what true sportbike tires feel like on the ole girl.  And because my trackbike, an '07 ZX10R wears the same sized shoes and has the Connie's 2nd set of tires on it for this season.  Once i replace those with Dunlop's Q4-trackday tires, that set of Q3+'s will be pulled and stored (with only about 300-400 miles on them) and will replace whats on the Connie currently.

and i gotta say...the Connie feels simply wonderful with the Q3+s on it...
its a Win-Win...

Put 3 sets of PR 4 GT on the Connie. Loved them. Read some of our members reviews  on the roadsmart 3s and decided to put on a set. Tires have been great Went through about 1400 miles of rain, never a worry. Pic show the tires at about 7500 miles. Mostly solo riding but loaded with luggage. About 1500 miles of interstate but nearly 5000 miles at 65MPH or above. Kept PSI at 44, about 2 lbs. over. Cupping is starting but still have sure grip. Compare tread to PR4 GT which also was at 7500 miles. Will buy Roadsmart again.

Attachments

• roadsmart rear.jpg
    roadsmart rear.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 127
  • roadsmart front.jpg
    roadsmart front.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 105
  • PR 4 GT rear.jpg
    PR 4 GT rear.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 115