• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Took me a year but....

giant81

Mini Bike
I finally dropped her all the way to the ground.

I had just pulled into a parking spot at Walgreen's, hit the kill switch, turned the kipass off, grabbed for my phone as I set it down to the left.  I thought I'd put the kickstand down, but no such luck.

She laid all the way down on the left, and bruised my foot. Luckily other than my foot and my ego, nothing else harmed. 

I've been riding her for a year, and even, though brute force, kept it from dropping a couple times in the past, but I wasn't able to get a good enough footing to catch this one. 

Best part, I have it all on helmet cam, to relive over and over. 

I'll take a number please, and thank you.

No number from me but I did something similar with an old Gold Wing. No video but lots of witnesses. Now before I get off or adjust anything, my foot feels for the kickstand. Hope there was no damage to your bike.

couple scuffs I'm sure, but nothing I'm worried about, she's a commuter, not a beauty queen  ;D ;D

And sadly the bruise on my left food, is right on the ball where the shifter hits it, so been caging it the last couple of days.  Which has worked out OK, weather has been terrible. 

For a number

2009 C14
  Robert, COG# 12285
  Scuffed mirror, scuffed bag, bruised foot. 

Lessons learned would be to look down and visually verify kick stand every time. 

Did the same thing two summers ago, knocked over my buddy next to me...right in front of 30 people eating lunch at the restaurant we were going into dine.

Wife has a cricut vinyl cutter, I think i'll have her knock out a couple badges for me with my CDA number to stick on the bike.

Then if I get more numbers for each drop, I can line them up on the tank like WWII fighter pilot confirmed kills...lol

Is anyone still handing out numbers?  Do we need to find a way to come up with new numbers and hand them out?  I dont know who used to do it, but I thought maybe they had some health issues or were busy?