• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Torque Cams for the c-10

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
    I haven't stocked Torque cams for over a year due to slow sales. However if you want to have some ground, here' is the contact info:

Canadian Crank and Chrome
    905-760-5561

Ask for John, tell him you would like to have Steve Sefsick's torque grind done on your Kawasaki Concours zg1000 cams. You will work out all the details with John, he's a great and honest guy.

Hope this helps - Steve

I really enjoyed the cams on Speed-I-Puss Rex. With the 7th gear mod
I could ride around at idle doing figure eights. And then just accelerate
away. Good money spent well.

I’ve installed the SISF sprocket which made a difference with the carb spa work and 2-minute mod.
Stupid question, how much more will the cam work make?
Possible upgrade for the coming winter.

crag antler said:
I’ve installed the SISF sprocket which made a difference with the carb spa work and 2-minute mod.
Stupid question, how much more will the cam work make?
Possible upgrade for the coming winter.

BTDT. It was definitely worth doing. But it is a significant inve$tment. That said, a lot of the factory cams seemed to be made of chocolate, lots of pitting.

The last time I looked at the Torque cams was at 60k miles, still perfect. I installed them at about 140k miles. I never once had to reset valves, checking them (I think) three times, the final time at 60k miles. They have about 115k miles on them now(the bike had 258k miles last I heard), alas, I no longer own the bike.