• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

TPMS warranty...

oliekawa

...my current TPMS valves are 4 1/2 yo... and the bike will be 6 yo  in less than 4 weeks and the extended warranty will be over.

So far they working ok, although taking a little longer to display the pressures. Dealer says that probably the second warranty extension may not cover those pressure transmitters.

What is the life expectancy of these sealed pressure transmitter batteries??? 

If it's the Kaw warranty, it should be covered.  You just need them to fail before it runs out.

olie said:
...my current TPMS valves are 4 1/2 yo... and the bike will be 6 yo  in less than 4 weeks and the extended warranty will be over.

So far they working ok, although taking a little longer to display the pressures. Dealer says that probably the second warranty extension may not cover those pressure transmitters.

What is the life expectancy of these sealed pressure transmitter batteries???

The sensors are covered fully whenever a current KPP is in effect, and until it expires.

If you have only purchased the first of 2 possible KPP extensions, go to that link I provided, and "re-up" again, before the first extension expires.... the new extension will "roll in" at the expiration date of the first one, and continue for another 3 years.. then you are done with the extensions..

if the "dealer" said "it may not be covered".. he was wrong, as it will be honored.. I had mine done on my extensions...

so; don't wait, get the renewal. It will pay for itself, for sure...

I had the front TPMS go bad and not a dead battery which I would have replaced to keep the old style.  Kawasaki covered it with no questions asked at 8 years and 2/3 through my second extension. So yes it’s covered.

...just sent the information to UltimateCycle for the 2nd extension... first extension still good to 8/8/19.

let's see what the dealer says after I get the second extension... meanwhile TPMS is running fine although with a slightly lower initial response, so I cannot complain.

olie said:
...just sent the information to UltimateCycle for the 2nd extension... first extension still good to 8/8/19.

let's see what the dealer says after I get the second extension... meanwhile TPMS is running fine although with a slightly lower initial response, so I cannot complain.

:great: :great: :great: :great:

WISE MOVE....

:) ;) :motonoises:

Mine wet in today for replacement.  My second extension expired June 18th, but I set up the appointment prior to that, so they are covered.