• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tracking cars cool too

ADVTRACKER

OK, I know I'm really risking a whipping from you all bringing up cars, but here goes.  I've tracked my 2011 Connie several times, and as anyone knows who's done it, it's a hoot.  I bought a 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray in Oct, and went to a C7 track school last week in Pahrump, NV.  GM paid for 1/2 the cost of the school so I couldn't resist. See the video below.  The new Corvette has a video camera and data recorder built in.  All I did was push a button on the touch screen to start it.
Super exciting as you can imagine, but here's some bike vs car thoughts re: tracking.

-  Car:  Not the same nervousness about going off the track and crashing.  Two guys went off the track in corners, one right in front of me.  It only ended up in embarrassment, not broken bones like I've seen on bike track days
-  Car:  I was much faster in the corners.  Probably at least 20-25mph faster, maybe more. 
-  Car:  The lateral Gs (see the data lower left on video) were impossible to ignore.  Nothing like this on a bike.  Really added a whole new dimension.

-  Bike:  Much less forgiving.  You do something wrong you pay.  Mess up in a car and it's just embarrassment from lousy cornering
-  Bike:  Leaning over a lot takes b__ls IMHO.  Your speed is absolutely limited by how far you're willing to lean
-  Bike:  Faster acceleration out of the corners and in the straight, but for me anyway I had to brake much sooner on a bike. 

Overall adrenalin both experiences:  Bike 10, car 9

Standing by for anti-cager incoming.  :D

The C7 Corvette has a video camera and data recorder built into the car.  This video was taken while I was driving. 
There’s even more software where you can analyze and view more data than you can shake a stick at. 

Make sure you turn up the volume.

https://youtu.be/bYrK_95BzA8