• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Trailer Hitch

That's who I have, and it worked perfectly.

hitch1.jpg

hitch2.jpg

One of two issues:

bracket4.jpg

Easily fixed by grinding away the interfering area. When I installed it way back when, some folks said they simply put the vertical hitch support UNDER the antler bracket. Screwz that, as it would put the bracket at an angle and not mounted flush to the bike's tail framework.

The second issue was the length of the bolt that secures the ball's vertical mount to keep it from rattling. Original was too long and would hit the tire on suspension compression. That too was easily fixed by installing a slightly shorter bolt.

Finally, these pix were taken a number of years ago when the bike was a heck of a lot cleaner. Also, the hitch has since been removed because I couldn't us it with the Delkevic slip-ons  I'm using now. Their upswept angle interferes with the hitch.

IMG_4003-L.jpg

IMG_3369-L.jpg

Not trying to hijack the intent of Vic’s post, but I’ve considered getting rid of my Hitchdoc hitch and the Cyclemate CM1000 trailer too. As much as I’d like to think I’ll be using it out and about on future adventures, the stark reality is I probably won’t. My crazy imbalance issue has curtailed a lot of my long distance riding, so the thing will just probably continue to sit here taking up space.

It's certainly not as shiny and pretty now as it was in the pix.  :-(

Guess I’m just gonna have to flip a coin.

bt7-M.jpg

Hijack maybe ....but nice look'n bazoombas on that Connie in the 3rd and 4th pics! Nice trailer rig further down too.

connieklr said:
Not trying to hijack the intent of Vic’s post, but I’ve considered getting rid of my Hitchdoc hitch and the Cyclemate CM1000 trailer too. As much as I’d like to think I’ll be using it out and about on future adventures, the stark reality is I probably won’t. My crazy imbalance issue has curtailed a lot of my long distance riding, so the thing will just probably continue to sit here taking up space.

bt7-M.jpg

Could you pm me about this?

concourscharlie said:
connieklr said:

Could you pm me about this?

PM sent.