• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Trailer parking in Denver area

killingbugs

We are going to Moab, UT to meet our retired friends (fifth wheel camping full time  :beerchug:).
Plan is to trailer from St. Louis, MO area straight to Denver, unload and ride to Moab for 7 or 8 days.
And reload and return across the flat lands of Kansas and Moisery.

Some one in the COG world willing to store a Kendon and a pick-up for a week???
(Trying to think of a valuable gift from St Louis area to barter with but I GOT NOTHIN)

I discovered that you can contact a KOA and leave the truck/trailer at a KOA.
I've used this method 3 times.
At the time I did it, they charged about $10 a day and semi kept an eye on the truck/trailer.
Main thing is, the truck/trailer, is inside their property, not just setting on the road somewhere.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I discovered that you can contact a KOA and leave the truck/trailer at a KOA.
I've used this method 3 times.
At the time I drid it, they charged about $10 a day and semi kept an eye on the truck/trailer.
Main thing is, the truck/trailer, is inside their property, not just setting on the road somewhere.

Ride safe, Ted

They will charge you $10 a day, and you sign a waiver releasing them from any liability of your loss.. period.
They will not insure against theft, or damage, they are just givingyou a "place" to park, and seeing as you are not onsite 24/7 during the stay, you are paying to park at WalMart.

Best bet is any self storage locked and gated storage facility, well lit, with security cams, and keyed entry/exit by security code... there is a dkzen of them every 20 miles across the usa.

Price will prolly be about the same, or slightly more, but consider this, an avereage storage bay in the same facility runs about $120 a MONTH

You could prolly get an uber deal, and be outta there for pennies on the dollar, with your chit locked and WATCHED...

Internet can be your friend.. start googlin storage facilities...

In my old neighborhood - I'd say "come on down!".  Even did that for a COG member who was bringing the family out from Tenn to ride Connies around our mountains for a week.  But the new 'hood eschews on-street parking overnight - and even more when it is for multiple consecutive nights.
I'd say bring it - but I already have my truck in the driveway and my Kendon in the garage!  Dang motorcycles!
Maybe Denver6 or Speedrachet might be able to chime in - we're in different parts of town.

I'm in he same boat as Bill (notsluggo) at least fro the trailer. I could host the truck, but my HOA would have my balls if I have a trailer even in my driveway. I know because I used to have one and received a letter after it sat out over night once.

When is your trip scheduled to take place? I live in Penrose, co, which a ways south of Denver. South of Colorado springs toward Canon City (81240 so you can google the location). If you are planning on riding via I-70 it may be to far out of the way; however, I live on 5 acres and have a large gravel area which would be perfect for your rig. If you are planning on travelling state highway 50, my location would be ideal. Hiway 50 is an awesome ride from Canon City to Grand Junction if you are not in a hurry.

If that is a possibility, let me know :)
Ron