• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Traxxion Dynamics

Daveybouy

Thanks to the board I contacted Dan at Traxxion Dynamics to discuss the front suspension on my 2013 C14. I'm going with their new springs and cartridge kit. The good news is that because I am a COG member they will discount the kit by 10%. Whoohoo!!!

Is this 'perk' available to the rest of us mere mortals?  Which kit did u order? Were u having problems with ur front end...? Specifically?

Please share with the rest of cogdom...

I'm ordering their AK-20 Axxion Cartridge kit. It includes precision machined cartridges, springs appropriate for your weight and riding style, and a quart of suspension fluid. List price is $999.95 and fits C14s 2010-2015. Dan gave me the impression that the 10% discount was for all COG members in good standing (you can do the math). I'm making the change because after installing new weight appropriate springs from Cannon Racecraft, a GP valving kit and having KFG in Auburn, WA  do the work, my front end is making clunking noises as if a spring is broken. I related my concerns about the noise to Dan and he thought the springs had moved away from center and were now banging against the fork tubes. I am just trying to make my front end more compliant...Check out their website and give Dan a call.

They don't have anything beyond 2015 what happened in 2016? How is my bike different what are my options on my 2016? I got a quote from KFG and just about had heart failure but I would certainly consider $2,000 and doing the work myself.

GrantE said:
They don't have anything beyond 2015 what happened in 2016? How is my bike different what are my options on my 2016? I got a quote from KFG and just about had heart failure but I would certainly consider $2,000 and doing the work myself.

I think all models are the same, they probably just didn't update their website. Call them.

here's a good trick I use all the time, if I want to know if something crosses to another year, I go to Kasasaki.com and look up the parts. Compare the known year to the year in question. If the PN is the same, then the aftermarket part will fit. This doesn't always work. IE the rear shock... the aftermarket Concours shocks fit all year models, but the PN's on the stockers are different because of small changes (spring rate, color, etc) . I would think the front end parts are all interchangeable.
  Steve

Thanks Steve, kinda what I figured definitely be giving them a call.
Daveyboy; be sure and watch the calendar and come join in the fun...

I too have been working with KFG, they are re-sending me a quote on a Penske rear and I am going to try and cheap out on my forks by just doing my own overhaul/fluid change and getting the sag set. but likely an upgraded rear will just make the front feel worse and I will drop a grand into it next winter. Makes me feel better wen I think about how even way more expensive bikes still come with some crappy stock suspension, and others (HD) will drop 2K alone just in chrome and obnoxious loud pipes!