• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Trying to confirm windshield fasteners...

headstill2172

I have looked on the microfiche of some vendors and I have seen a variation in fastener parts so I am hoping those who have taken this apart could give me the right answer. I bought the bike used so no telling if it is all original.
I have on each side the following in order 2 hex screws, then a black plastic cover, then a rubber gasket. once that is all removed, I have a larger silver/shiny hex head bolt (similar to the ones used for body fairings) which is holding the windshield, but NO washer, then the windshield, then a similar gasket. once all that is removed all I have left is the mounting brackets that go up and down with the switch on handle.

Do I need the washers for the two larger screws? Are they plastic washers, just like the ones that are used on the fairings?

I suspect that my windshield is rubbing on the cowl and I already sent a Calsci windshield back that was definitely rubbing. I have a MRA Vario in route and I want to be done with the windshield rubbing thing so if I am missing a spacer or whatever, please let me know. THX

I suspect that my windshield is rubbing on the cowl and I already sent a Calsci windshield back that was definitely rubbing. I have a MRA Vario in route and I want to be done with the windshield rubbing thing so if I am missing a spacer or whatever, please let me know. THX
Sounds like to me you have all the parts that are shown above and what my machine has as well.

CalSci appears to be having an issue with the curvature of their windshields as mine is rubbing too. My original CalSci shields (2 broken due to wind damage) did not contact the cowl but my most recent replacement is definitely rubbing the cowl.

Remind everyone is your machine using a pre-2015 windshield?