• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

TV Coverage - MotoGP

Hogboy

Street Cruiser
Well, I got good news and I got bad news.

The good is that RDS2 TV carries all 2014 MotoGP races on a delayed basis.

The bad is that the carriers and stations might not be available to folks outside of Quebec/eastern Ontario but I'm not sure.

Here is the link and at the bottom you can get the channels per carrier.  The video is standard MotoGP feed and the coverage is in French.

Bonne change mes amies!  http://www.rds2.ca

Peter

p.s. here's a list by country that might help:  http://www.motogp.com/en/MotoGP+Basics/tv_broadcasters

It sure has been hard to be a motorcycle racing fan over the last 1-2 years.

Down here in the States the coverage is spotty at best.

MotoGP is being broadcast on Fox Sports 1. Lately, they've been including the Moto2 & Moto3 races too, which is a nice bonus. They may be broadcasting more of the M2 & M3 on Fox Sports 2; I wouldn't know, I don't get it. Of course, you can sign up for the MGP web-streaming site and see everything, but that's around $100 a year for the privilege.

World Superbike is, I believe, available on BEIN TV. But your cable/satellite system has to carry it, and mine doesn't. Taking a page from their Dorna brothers in MGP, WSBK is now also available via web-streaming. The cost, if I recall, is slightly less than the MGP package.

AMA Pro Road Racing is really sucking air when it comes to coverage. No TV package at all for 2014 and only 6 events. The hastily slapped-together fanschoice.tv is an option and, from what I saw with their Daytona and Road America coverage, the coverage comes across as barely above high school AV club. I believe they've been cleaning up the live footage and posting the full races to YouTube, but I haven't watched any of those yet.

British Superbike (what AMA Pro should strive to become) had most of their 2013 races posted on YouTube and rebroadcast several weeks later on the Velocity Channel. Someone told me they're broadcasting them again on Velocity this year, but I haven't been able to find that.

MAVTV -- another channel I don't get -- is also dabbling in road racing. They've providing coverage of the Australian Superbike championship; a series with problems on par with AMA Pro. And they also covered John Ulrich's 3-race Superbike Shootout series.

For someone who's an avid road racing fan but without the money to spend on web streaming subscriptions on specialized cable packages (satellite is out for me too), it's been really hard motivated enough to find the races and watch them in a timely fashion.