• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

tyre (or for you Yanks) tire pressures

The toff

Tricycle
The manual says 42 pounds psi front and rear but I read that the stock bike is set up for a 150 pound rider.  As I am over 220 pounds should these pressures be changed or should the suspension settings be tweaked or both?  I am currently riding with F44/R46 and she seems to handle better but my Kawa Dealer said 42 was the maximum.  What pressures are you guys using? 

42 lbs. cold front and rear. Definitely adjust the suspension. It's way too soft for a 220lb rider from the factory! It will make a world of difference. It will be even more so when you replace the OEM Bridgestone 021's! I personally love the Angel ST's. The other more popular tyre is the Michelin Pilot Road 2.

Here's what I set my C14 up for on the suspension. I'm also over 220lbs. But my settings seem to work well for an aggressive rider even down to that weight. I gave them out to some one others, who seemed to like them. A few of us on here with weights in the 225-275 lb range have done good in these areas with these settings. If anything, it would give you a good starting point to tweak on. Hope it helps.

Bob

Front Forks:

Preload      -  3 lines showing
Dampening  -  4 clicks out from full in

Rear Shock:

Preload      -  12 clicks out from full in
Dampening -  All the way in, then 3/4 turn out

Hey English Toff

Great to see a fellow Brit on this forum!
Say Hi to Stourbridge for me, I'm likely to be the only person on the Forum that knows were the heck that is LoL  :D

If you happen to bump into my old friends Andrew & Linda Cross say hi from me.

Cheers

Colin
Ex Pat in Seattle.