• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Update on Henry

Sher9001

We managed to find Henry's bike in Kooskia and get all of his personal belongings off of it. The bike itself was pretty much toast.. We went to the hospital in Lewiston to see him, but he was still pretty much out of it. I would suggest that anyone that wants to call, wait a day or two.. He said he was having a hard time understanding and comprehending what people were saying. He was trying to explain what happened but was having a hard time. We did get to talk to his doctor and he said the chest tube might come out tomorrow or the next day, depending on how his tests look and he would probably be released the day after the tube comes out. His daughter and son-in-law are on their way from Utah to be with him and we will go back to check on him tomorrow. I know he is not going anywhere without calling us because I have his pants.😂

We managed to find Henry's bike in Kooskia and get all of his personal belongings off of it. The bike itself was pretty much toast.. We went to the hospital in Lewiston to see him, but he was still pretty much out of it. I would suggest that anyone that wants to call, wait a day or two.. He said he was having a hard time understanding and comprehending what people were saying. He was trying to explain what happened but was having a hard time. We did get to talk to his doctor and he said the chest tube might come out tomorrow or the next day, depending on how his tests look and he would probably be released the day after the tube comes out. His daughter and son-in-law are on their way from Utah to be with him and we will go back to check on him tomorrow. I know he is not going anywhere without calling us because I have his pants.😂
Thanks for the update! Best wishes for speedy healing Henry!

What happened? Bun Cooler mishap? Get well Henry,
We don't know too much about the accident itself. Henry hasn't been able to tell us much yet. He was behind his group and when he didn't show up at the rest stop, someone went back to find him. When they got there, Henry was being airlifted to the hospital in Lewiston with a broken clavicle, broken ribs,, and a punctured lung. Luckily, the first person by the accident was an EMT from Elk City. I'll post another update after I see him today.

We don't know too much about the accident itself. Henry hasn't been able to tell us much yet. He was behind his group and when he didn't show up at the rest stop, someone went back to find him. When they got there, Henry was being airlifted to the hospital in Lewiston with a broken clavicle, broken ribs,, and a punctured lung. Luckily, the first person by the accident was an EMT from Elk City. I'll post another update after I see him today.
Oh man - lucky he was attended to properly, probably helped his prognosis.

Tell him we are thinking of him and wish to hear from him soon !

Wayne

Terrible when something like this happens.
Whoever ends up taking him home be sure to have adequate number of strong pain medications. Travelling with multiple broken ribs likely very painful for first ~week.
Recover fast, Henry ... Best Wishes

Cecil

Last edited:
We stopped by to see Henry this afternoon and he seems to be doing much better. He had a rough night, pain wise, so he has been sleeping a lot through the day. He was more talkative and only fell asleep on us once while we were there. He was able to sit in a chair today after only being able to make it to the edge of the bed yesterday. so, there is progress. They are trying to prevent pneumonia from setting in.. Apparently the first 72 hrs are critical for that. So far, so good. They are going to remove the tube from his chest in stages so it may take a couple of days. Jim talked to his daughter today and his wife is flying up on Weds. His daughter will come up this weekend to try to figure out how to get him home once he is released. He can't handle a 10 hr drive right now. When we go see him tomorrow, I will make sure his phone is charged and sitting where he can reach it, just in case anyone wants to call. I will keep you updated.

I've tried to call him ( at hospital ) and always catch him asleep. Left him a few texts but I understand why no answer now. Thank you for the update.

Thanks for the updates. Please pass on to Henry my thoughts and wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Saw Henry today and he is doing much better. Pain level is down and he' s much more coherent. He looked at pictures of what's left of his bike without flinching, so that is good. They did an x-ray on his hip and knee today since he can't put any weight on it. Hopefully there is no damage there. He has his cell phone with him and is taking calls. Just takes him a while to answer. His glasses got lost somewhere between Elk City and the hospital so his vision is not the best. Hoping for a family reunion by the weekend, but not sure when he will be well enough for that 10 hr drive home. He did ask me to thank all of you for your kind thoughts and your concern for him. Until tomorrow.........

Not much change in Henry today. Lung is still not functioning properly so the chest tube remains. X-rays on his hip and leg were negative. They are thinking it is a deep bruise which isn't surprising, considering the shape of his motorcycle. If the lung keeps improving, he will be sent to a rehab center on Saturday.

Bless both you and Jim. It's folks like you that make being a part of this organization so worth it. Thank you for the updates and keep us posted. Glad to hear he is mending well. Who got his raffle ticket anyway?;)
I put his raffle ticket into the bowl myself. What happened to it after that, I am not responsible for.😃

Bless both you and Jim. It's folks like you that make being a part of this organization so worth it. Thank you for the updates and keep us posted. Glad to hear he is mending well. Who got his raffle ticket anyway?;)
We are doing nothing more than any of you would do in the same situation. He is 10 hrs away from home so until his family can get here, we will stand in for them.

Hopefully Henry is doing better today, and he has some family there. Sounds like it will take a bit of time before he can head home.

Henry looks so much better today. First day out of bed for any length of time. They did an MRI today because of the pain in his hip. He has a compression fracture in L4 so they are doing a vertebroplasty tomorrow morning. It's a simple procedure and can stop the pain within 72 hrs. His wife flew in this morning so I am sure that will help. If you call, it takes a while for him to answer, so don't hang up too soon.

Glad Henry appears to be doing better. Hospital food yuck! :rolleyes:

Even pudding and Jell-O is suspect. Trust me I know.

With Henry's wife there I am sure his mood will improve.

Not much to report on Henry. They did the procedure on his back this afternoon and now he has to lay flat for 12 hours. They gave him some happy juice to help him sleep through the night and from what I saw, it is working quite well.😃

Well at least he must have eaten his meat so that he got to have his pudding! Hope he has a speedy recovery.
If anybody starts passing the hat for him I am in...

Henry is being moved out of PCU tomorrow, and into a regular room,Yay!!!!!!. The fluid in his lungs is almost gone and the chest tube is coming out, but his clavicle is not healing right so he will see an orthopedic surgeon in the morning. If all goes right, he may be out of the hospital soon. We are hoping he can return to Utah for his rehab, but we haven't got confirmation on that yet.

Now the fun begins. Henry went to the rehabilitation center today. He has to be quarantined for 14 days but hopefully, with some intensive rehab and a little luck he will be able to go home before then.

I don't get the quarantine part. What ever happened to a Covid test or two.
Not sure either. Maybe quarantine was the wrong word. Isolation is how they put it. At the hospital, we had to wear masks. When Jim and Henry's wife went to see him at the rehab center, they were told they had to have an appointment to see him. Since it was their first time there, they were let in, but only after they put on full PPE gear and told them they were fully vaccinated. The only thing I can think of is they were the 1st place in Lewiston to get Covid and it spread pretty fast. Guess they are not taking any chances.

That makes more since. When I was in the hospital both at UW and Wenatchee, I could have one visitor a day. The visitor could see me more than once a day but would require screening at the front door. More than one visit a day was discouraged however. My visitor was my bride of 46 years. If I was dying, my children would not have been allowed to see me.

Last edited:
That sir makes more since. When I was in the hospital both at UW and Wenatchee, I could have one visitor a day. The visitor could see me more than once a day but would require screening at the front door. More than one visit a day was discouraged however. My visitor was my bride of 46 years. If I was dying, my children would not have been allowed to see me.
Sir???? I've been called a lot of things but never Sir. 😃

First real shower in 2 weeks, complete with clean hair and a shave and actual clothes. Only thing better was getting to spend 30 minutes out in the sunshine with friends. Best I've seen him looking in a long time. I think he wants to get out of there and go home.

Henry is being moved to a general room today so he can visit with other people. His wife flew home today so I guess I am his link to the outside world. I have to make an appointment to see him. They are trying to figure out how to get him home when he can travel. He gets therapy every day and that seems to be helping him.

Henry's wife sent me this picture yesterday. I can't believe how much better he looks. Still some nerves that need to regenerate so he can get rid of the chair, but I think being home has really helped him.

HELLO ALL! WELL I've been on the board a number of times since I made it back from Lewiston to Park City so I have been able to catch up on all of the new topics and threads since I took my little vacation starting at the Bun Cooler on May the 15th. I have much more I think I need to say but I still need a few more days to put my thought together.

HOWEVER I did want to let everyone know that my once beautiful blue 2017 is up for sale on the Coparts web site. The page link is below. The bike only had a little over 3,500 miles on it and I broke it in the correct way. I changed the oil at 60, 200, and 1,000 miles. As you can see from one of the pics the stovepipe key is with the bike as well as the spare Kipass key which I guess I took with me in case I lost the FOB. Jim thinks the FOB is in the stuff he is mailing me today and if it is I would of course send it to any GOGer who would buy the bike. The ecu is flashed by Steve S. It has T- Rex tip over bars, front and back. a Phil's rack, and a bunch of stuff from PROJEKTD. Any questions give me a holler

PS. I think the auction ends on the 19th