• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Upgraded from Steve's Evolution Flash to Mountain Runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtwiz

In 2015 I bought Steve's Shoodaben Engineering flash and loved it. Although it was a lot less refined than the new flashes he builds it was a huge improvement. Then along came the Evolution flash and ...again it was a nice upgrade that I added in 2017 and I went crazy with the improved power and better fuel mileage. Fast forward to two 3 weeks ago and I had some email conversations with Steve and I was considering the Mountain Runner upgrade or hopefully the Mountain Runner Premium. Turns out I don't have enough access to the 92+ octane fuel here in Utah since the best I can get is 91 and sometimes even 89....Mountain Runner Premium wasn't going to work for me. Then I decided on the Mountain Runner 89. Steve said that it really didn't change anything over 10% throttle and I wondered if it would really be worth it or if I would even notice it. For me it was a huge improvement for my riding style and very noticeable in the 700 miles I have put on it so far. Better and smoother off on throttle response and very smooth and improved decel especially on downhill and over 4500 rpm. I also realized that I do 90% of my riding between 3,400 rpm and 4,500 rpm and that is where the smoothness really counts for shifting and overall feel....easily withing that 10%. I do roll on throttle to 5,500+ rpm on every opportunity like on ramps and open roads and the extra decel really helps on my reading style. If you are considering this upgrade I give it a big thumbs up. Smooth as butter and so worth it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.