• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Found one; Used (aftermarket) Mid Pipe wanted

connie_rider

Looking for an (aftermarket) Mid Pipe for my 2014 C-14. (any brand, but Area P preferably)
I currently have one (two) on the bike and looking for another to do a mad experiment.
ie; I want to cut it up and add a valve to control back pressure. (so it doesn't have to be pristine. ie; Rusty/dented ok)

So, does anyone have an old one lying around?

NOTE: My bike has a ZX-14 header and "2" Area P Mufflers.
I'm wanting to restrict one of them with a valve to see if it changes Mid range power, or mebbe low throttle opening improvement.
I'm happy as heck with mine now, but want to give this idea another try...
Yes, I know I'm out of my mind.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
No, I have a stocker. {But Thanx}
I need something that will allow me to keep my Area P Slip on.

Needs to be shaped something like the Mid on this..

Ride safe, Ted

I'm still looking for a mid pipe to do a test with.
Does anyone have one?
Condition is not real important as I plan to cut it up and do modifications..
Only thing I really need is a 2" diameter mid pipe.
<Mad scientist laugh} > šŸ˜µ

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Just to clarify..... the OEM Exhaust is (2 weldments) a Header and Muffler Assembly only. There's no "Mid-Pipe" stand alone component.....

So..... I do have the Muffler Assembly and I "could" cut the input pipe to the muffler off at the point that it mates to the muffler body. Is that what you're wanting??????

Thanx, but an OEM won't do.
I'm looking for an aftermarket Mid Pipe.

Explanation;
My bike has 2 ea; Area P Mufflers and Mid Pipes on ZX-1400 headers..
I spent a lot of time modifying these to fit perfectly, and I don't want to to modify one of them for this experiment.

But, I do want to try the experiment, and need a used right side Mid Pipe from a ZX to do it. (same as an "aftermarket" Mid Pipe for a Connie)
That mid pipe will be heavily modified, so dents/rust are not an issue..
I'm looking for an; Area P, Delkevic, Two Brothers racing, "or any other" (aftermarket) Mid Pipe to use.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I got a reply back from Delkevic. I noted them and asked about a used or damaged Mid pipe i could buy for surgery..
They don't have one but will sell me a new one for $80.
Not sure I'm ready to spend $80 to cut up..

Does anybody have a used one?

Ted

Here's a thought. The ktm 1290sdgt I just traded in on a zx10r; both have a motor/cable actuated exhaust valve built into the stock exhaust. The whole time I rode the ktm I had a cat delete pipe on it so the stock setup was on the shelf. Soon the full Akra is going on the zx10r so that butterfly valve is going on the shelf. I don't want to sell mine in case I ever put it back stock but I'll bet somebody, somewhere has one just sitting around. Check forums, the ktm forum was excellent. I just sold a bunch of parts on there. ktmforums.com.
Also it SEEMS like a simple wiring job to a toggle switch to actuate the motor connected to the cable connected to the butterfly valve. I'm just thinking out loud

Thanx for the suggestion.
When I first started the ZX header project I bought a valve set up similar to that.
The problem was; the motor was a stepper motor, & the wiring/controls to use it were above my skills.
I then bought a stainless steel butterfly valve to use for the test.
I still have it, and think that I would use it to do the test..

Regardless of what valve I use, I can't do anything until I get a mid pipe to mount it on.
ie; I don't want to destroy the one I have for the test.

So, I'm looking for a used mid pipe from an Area P, Delkevic, or other slip-on system to modify.
Condition of that mid pipe is not very important as I plan to cut it up and add the valve inside of it.
Does anybody have an old one lying around???

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:

Thanx Gixer, but I'm only looking for a mid-pipe (from a slip-on) to install on the right side of my system.
Plus; The Mid-pipe on the Full Area P is bigger diameter than the Area P Slip-on.

That is a good price for a Full Area P though!
Someone "needs" to buy it.

Full Area P Exhaust, for Concours 14 new $995
$700 TYD!

Attachments​

• 20210802_182332.jpg
    20210802_182332.jpg
    145.3 KB Ā· Views: 41
  • 20210802_182829.jpg
    20210802_182829.jpg
    110.8 KB Ā· Views: 44

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: