• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

USMC Bday Veterans Day M&G&E

Old Man on a Connie

COG Industry Liaison
November 12/13 Laughlin NV Pioneer hotel rooms from $49+ tax and up. Many different room choices up to $99+. http://www.laughlinpioneer.com/ Several routes to see Historic rt 66 from Seligman, Peach Springs, Hackberry. Breakfast at Mr. D's diner in Kingman, pat some ass in Oatman, sweepers and elevation changes down through Golden Shores. Lunch at Pirates cove on the river then the river road home. Will try to figure out how to get it on the calendar.

Ride routes. Follow along. Lets call it KSU at 9a for Bfast at Mr D's Diner. Old skool rt 66 diner between the steam locomotive and pretty cool classic car museum in Kingman. Across the street from the train stop. Good Bfast menu and decent prices. Decision point on how long you want to make your day. https://goo.gl/maps/pF86KybAiVekcTXp7 Head east along RT 66 through hackberry, peach springs and Seligman. https://goo.gl/maps/bLTcdQYtfJgj1tf86. Fun road if you've never done it. Watch the sides of the road for the original RT66. Old roadbeds and bridges. Look for multiple COG stickers along the route (Hackberry, Roadkill, VW Van windshield, Delgadillos Snow Cap) . Pay attention to the Barbasol signs. If not head straight to Oatman to pat some ass. Word has it Tom Tomlinson will be bringing his sexy donkey underwear. Stop off and say hello at cool springs station. This location was featured on a Concourier Cover shot with yours truly scoot. Enjoy Oatman and some serious old west history. Drop down along Golden shores with a great road with some really nice sweepers and elevation changes to Pirates cove for lunch. Crazy place along the river that usually has some fun crowd watching and another decision point. Run over again on Rt 66 west and see the town of Goffs and a very fine museum. Say hello to Dennis Casebier, Keeper of the Mojave Trail traveled buy horse drawn wagon during emigration from east to west and a major rail stop. https://goo.gl/maps/XpkPn1wYWwBovpkV8 or head back straight along river road. A somewhat rough road that follows the river back to Laughlin but a pleasant twisty ride. https://goo.gl/maps/bJEEyvkyfQyQaCZV8 Many options. Much fun. A bunch to see. I'm working on a big table for dinner Sat night but each will be responsible for their own tab. Say between 6 and 7. Looking forward to C'ing everyone. Semper Fi.

Looking forward to Southwest socializing in this late fall desert climate. Want to ride those twisties and sweeps to ol west Oatman and see if my friend is all grown up, and awake.

Attachments

• _MG_6894.JPG
    _MG_6894.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 143
Room is reserved! Have an extra bed in my room if anyone wants to room with the SWAD! Guess I will likely be by myself! :D :D

Still getting back into long ride shape. 8 hours sounded like a lot. So dividing the trip in two legs. So tonight, partying in Barstow. Woohoo! Dinner at the Italian place was pretty good and finished it up with daily made Cannoli. See ya all tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_20211111_193041.jpg
    IMG_20211111_193041.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 135
Got a flat in Wickenberg Thursday, but Jami saved me and I made it here. New rubber yesterday, ready for a ride. (y)

Attachments

• CD7A2CF8-FE3F-4DD0-9F58-803BD63F8761.jpeg
    CD7A2CF8-FE3F-4DD0-9F58-803BD63F8761.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 132
  • E53A1960-4F5E-4E67-B9F2-4022D5DBF295.jpeg
    E53A1960-4F5E-4E67-B9F2-4022D5DBF295.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 147
Good fun this weekend, great to see y’all. I’m not gonna apologize for the dirt road detour, that was another chance to work on your skills

Attachments

• 72105051-7C74-460B-BCBB-D1161D7750CA.jpeg
    72105051-7C74-460B-BCBB-D1161D7750CA.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 140
A very fun weekend with a classic breakfast at Mr.D's in Kingman on Route 66, checking out the twisty roads, crowds and burros in Oatman, and finally just great conversations with genuine cool men and women! I really enjoyed my time there especially after putting on some new tires... :D :cool: 🏍️ You know...well I thought that the tires would last till I got back home and of course I was wrong! :oops: Here's a few pictures from our weekend together.

Attachments

• V5.jpg
    V5.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 139
  • V4.jpg
    V4.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 141
  • V3.jpg
    V3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 140
  • V2.jpg
    V2.jpg