• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Vacuum

riverwolf813345

I just synchd my carbs, can't remember the vacuum lines well enough. Think I have #2,3,4, right, but I have a short line detached I can't remember where it goes. anyone help?

The middle vacuum port uses a short line to go to vacuum port on petcock.....if that is what you are looking at. Other two ports, first and third, are capped.

The middle vacuum port uses a short line to go to vacuum port on petcock.....if that is what you are looking at. Other two ports, first and third, are capped.
Thanks mine aren't capped. What about one just ending under bike like a drain? Thanks again it's my daily driver and shes stuck
Maybe Cal. emissions

Trying to visualize. On the tank.....one line goes to the fuel gauge as a drain. It attaches to the black plastic cover that fits over that part. There is another line attaching to rear of tank that is overflow drain from fuel filler door. If you have 3 ports on tank rear....you do have a CA tank and I'm not familiar with them. And.....there are two clear vent tubes that attach to carb bank, in middle area, and go up to frame about under front sear area. Those are vents

On mine, port 1 and 4 were tied together with a T fitting, and the other end then went to the air value (this draws air into the exhaust from the air filter housing). Port 2 goes to the petcock and Port 3 was capped. This is not the California model, and that was how it was stock.

If you are saying that none are capped on yours, then port 3 goes to the "return pump" that is part of the CA emission routing that also has the charcoal canister. If you do have the CA emissions, then there should be some colored tape wrapped around the various hoses to help identify where they go.

You will have to give us a bit more description on what bike you have and then we can be a bit more helpful. Also, if any modifiactions where done, such as removing the air valve, removing CA emissions, adding cruise control etc.

I agree with mgoodrich... That is a standard stock (Non Calif) set up.

NOTE: On bike's on which the pair valve was bypassed, many plugged 11/3/4 carb ports and used #2 for the petcock.

Ride safe, Ted

Apologizes......my lame attempt to explain was based on a bike with block off plates. So....the better descriptions above are for a stock bike and indeed tell what goes where. Sorry for the pitiful post!

On mine, port 1 and 4 were tied together with a T fitting, and the other end then went to the air value (this draws air into the exhaust from the air filter housing). Port 2 goes to the petcock and Port 3 was capped. This is not the California model, and that was how it was stock.

If you are saying that none are capped on yours, then port 3 goes to the "return pump" that is part of the CA emission routing that also has the charcoal canister. If you do have the CA emissions, then there should be some colored tape wrapped around the various hoses to help identify where they go.

You will have to give us a bit more description on what bike you have and then we can be a bit more helpful. Also, if any modifiactions where done, such as removing the air valve, removing CA emissions, adding cruise control etc.
Thank you so much for the help. All the emission stuff color coded. I think I have it now thanks to the cog's and two manuals.