• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Valve stem - adding air while traveling.

mattgarr57

I picked up a ‘12 last week.  It has the straight valve stems. 1)  I checked at Murph’s and they showed that the 90* valve stems don’t work on the ‘12 and they confirmed that when I double checked.  1) so I assume if I go to a 90* stem I give up TPS?  2) With straight stems, how are you adding air if needed while you’re on a trip? 

Some people carry a chuck adaptor that makes getting into the space easier. I carry a pump with an easy adaptor so I only have to mess with it at the beginning of the day.

I carry a small pump, with a 90* chuck fitting on the hose, but also carry one of these, fitted with a generic air hose "snap on Junction"

22980578_mil_s699_alt2_pri_larg.jpg

or, one of these...

DKOEvlLgZ_egifn3q9coTne6xu2kiqRHh4QK2s6VtVXxC4It2No5ZZoj52wqwd-Oe_uO-uRWbz80IASp1Y2iFLGWXAq0fIXiJ2IUKK-1CCFstibMMHmu

I have about 6 of them, with "ring's" ties wrapped to them, all over my garage, as I have a large home compressor...

MAN OF BLUES said:
I carry a small pump, with a 90* chuck fitting on the hose, but also carry one of these, fitted with a generic air hose "snap on Junction"

22980578_mil_s699_alt2_pri_larg.jpg

or, one of these...

DKOEvlLgZ_egifn3q9coTne6xu2kiqRHh4QK2s6VtVXxC4It2No5ZZoj52wqwd-Oe_uO-uRWbz80IASp1Y2iFLGWXAq0fIXiJ2IUKK-1CCFstibMMHmu

I have about 6 of them, with "ring's" ties wrapped to them, all over my garage, as I have a large home compressor...

Your small pump, I assume a portable 12v?