• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Vance & Hines exhast

Tector

I have a 2010 Concours 14 ABS with a Vance & Hines slip-on exhaust; it was on the bike when I bought it (used), but the bike also came with the standard exhaust.  I'm going to put the standard exhaust back on, because I want to lower the foot pegs and I can't with the V&H unit.  So I'll have the V&H unit available to sell.  Can't tell you what V&H unit it is; the bike is currently under a cover in my garage (winter storage).  But the V&H web site makes it look like their units for this bike cost between $450 and $500 new.  So I'm asking $250.  I hope to make it to the national rally, and I'll bring that unit along when I get there, in case anyone is interested in looking at it (and buying it).  Please let me know. 

Meanwhile, I'm DYING for the weather to get warmer here in northern PA.

What type lower pegs are you trying to use? I had AST on my bike and the Two Brothers I bought wouldn’t fit with those , so I sold the AST brackets and bought lowering pegs from Murph’s , if you get a picture of the pipe let me know I’m interested!

FTB530:  I had looked at the pegs from Murph's, but I'm looking for pegs that (compared to stock) will move my feet lower and a little further forward (which the AST pegs claim to do); the Murph's pegs claim to move your foot lower and a little further back.  Anyway, I'll try to get and post a picture of the bike; since I'm not riding yet, it will take me a little time to do that (gotta move one of our cars, then move the bike, then get the cover off the bike, take the picture, and put everything back).  Meanwhile, you can get an idea of what this exhaust looks like by going to the Vance & Hines web page, and searching for exhaust for 2010 Concours 14.  Although the only exhaust they picture as being available for this bike has a brushed aluminum finish, and mine has a black finish (I'm pretty sure; now I'm beginning to wonder).

Andy B:  Sorry for the delay in replying on this board, but I've also responded to your PM.  I've asked a local shop to look at the AST foot peg lowering kit and see if it can be used with the V&H exhaust.  If they can make it work, I'm going to keep the V&H on the bike.  But I don't think they'll be able to.  If they can't, then I'll have them put the stock exhaust back on the bike, and I'll have the V&H to sell.  It will probably be 2 or 3 weeks before the decision is made on this project.  But I think it is all but certain that if I'm selling the V&H unit, I'll be able to bring it to the national rally.  Of course, if someone wants to buy it sooner than that and pay for shipping, that would be okay.

I got my bike back from the local shop yesterday, and they WERE able to make the AST footpeg lowering kit work with the V&H exhaust that is on the bike.  So, I'm sorry but I won't have that available to sell.