• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Vertical Racing Anyone???

ONOBob

Hey guys,

If you are in the NC area, more specifically south eastern Ohio,
You might consider the The Devil's Stair Case Hill Climbs.
Probably one of the biggest hill climbs in the country.
      https://www.daytonmc.com

It runs the second Sunday of October every year.
Recently it has expanded to a 2 day event.
Field events( dirt drags) are Saturday.

It takes place in the Little Miami River gorge.
A State and national scenic river.
Lots of great roads in the area.

We host a pre-race breakfast / brunch at our house every year.
You all are welcome.

Best Regards
Bob

Also, I am located in Lebanon Ohio, not Albany KY.
Gotta change my address in my profile.
Haven't figure out how to do that yet
Cheers.
Bob

Bob said:
Also, I am located in Lebanon Ohio, not Albany KY.
Gotta change my address in my profile.
Haven't figure out how to do that yet
Cheers.
Bob

You can do it online my clicking the "My Info" button under "Members Links" after you log into the main website.  If you still have any problems changing it, just send an email to membership@cog-online.org containing the information you need changed.

Bob said:
Done.
Thanks Tom.
Best
Bob

Thanks for the heads up.. I have been wanting to get down there again.. Just made a comment up here in N.e. Ohio ADV about it.. sounds like fun, and with a teent.. and limited budget.. might be down to see ya...
:great: :great: :great: :beerchug: :beerchug:

MAN OF BLUES said:
Bob said:
Done.
Thanks Tom.
Best
Bob

Thanks for the heads up.. I have been wanting to get down there again.. Just made a comment up here in N.e. Ohio ADV about it.. sounds like fun, and with a teent.. and limited budget.. might be down to see ya...
:great: :great: :great: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Come on down MOB.
It's a really good time...
They have free ( primitive ) camping there at the Hill Climb. Right next the Little Miami River. Gorgeous area.
    Me and my riding buddies have been threatening to camp out there for years, maybe we'll do it this year.
I have room for a couple tents in my back yard.
  With access to water, electric and hot shower.
I have mother in-law suite in my basement, not fancy but clean and dry.
    If my buddy from KY doesn't make it this year you are welcome to it.

Cheers
Bob

It's held every year the same time we go to FLA, well, we aren't going next year and as we always camp at Caesar's Creek State Park, we just might make it next year, my friend who has been there raves about it.

Strawboss said:
It's held every year the same time we go to FLA, well, we aren't going next year and as we always camp at Caesar's Creek State Park, we just might make it next year, my friend who has been there raves about it.

I'm sorry I couldn't go this year, Bub was very gracious, and offered me a place to stay, but I got stuck home doing things I was under the gun for...

Used to go every year, when I was younger, it was a blast, haven't gone in almost 35 years now...
Remind me next time, and let's plan on going, even if by truck... then we can haul all the stuff for comfey camp...
:great: :great:
or we could ride and do it the old fashioned way... with my toter trailer in tow... it holds a lot of stuff....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Hey all,
I'm trying to post some pictures from this years event...
First time posting pics so......

Attachments

• devstaircase2019startline.jpg
    devstaircase2019startline.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Devstaircase2019-hill.JPG
    Devstaircase2019-hill.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 159
  • devstaircase2019bikearea.jpg
    devstaircase2019bikearea.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 158
Well, The Dayton Motorcycle Club is holding their annual Devils Stair Case Hill Climb again this weekend.

Tips:
1. If you want to social distance, you can. Just sit on the opposite hill.
That's where we usually sit anyway.
The pit / starting area and track side gets really crowded.. usually. who knows what impact Covid19 will have on attendance
Beer and food lines could be a problem. I carry my own food with me so.....
2. Avoid the heavy traffic area! Enter the track from the south via Wilimington Road to Corwin Road.
Do not use Corwin Road, nor Oregonia Road....... these take your thru the little hamlet of Oregonia located 1/4 mile north of the track.
There 4 stops signs within a 2 block area.!!!! It's real pain. Also, the Little River Cafe has an outdoor bar / band setup that
many people go to and don't bother with the races. So a lot of traffic in the area.
And, once you reach the track, you also have to stop for the pedestrian traffic crossing the road from the car parking area.
Enter the track from the south - you drive right in - no stopping.
If you are coming from the east, you can access Wilmington Road from I71. Then it's just a couple miles to the track.
If you are coming from the west, go into Lebanon, take Main Street east out of town, you will pass under StRt48 bypass, there
is stop light, take a left onto Oregonia Road and then an immediate right on to Wilimington Road. DO NOT stay on Oregonia
road or you will run thru the little hamlet / traffic. The track is about 5 miles east of Lebanon

We are not holding our annual breakfast this year.
A couple of us are meeting to ride out together at 11:00 / 11:30.
You are welcome to join us. PM for my address if interested.
Ride Safe.
Bob

I need to get back down there. We used to camp in that area when I was a kid. There was a campground and the creek ran behind our campsite. That campground is now deep underwater as they dammed it up sometime after I got out of HS. I will have to take my mom down and see if she can remember how we got down there from Tipp City via Xenia every weekend.