• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Vettle sets another record

Cap'n Bob

Well, Sebastian Vettle just broke Nigel Mansell's record for poles in a single season in F1. Vettle just broke the record set by mansell in 1992. Vettle won 15 of 19 poles in a season in qualifying for the Brazilian GP at Interlagos. Although Mansell had a higher percentage of poles at 88% because of the 16 race schedule of past. Where as Vettle is only 79% with 19 races in the season now. Vettle crushed the competition with a pole lap of 1:11:918.
Also to point out. Mark Webber is also on the front row. So Red Bull has another 1 & 2 starting position for tomorrow's race. Vettle also now shares the most wins in a single season with Michael Schumacher at 11 races set back in 2002. But if Vettle wins the race tomorrow, he will also claim sole position of that record. That would be a pretty good weekend. Claim sole possession of both the most poles and wins in a single season. And lets face it. To assume the records from the likes of Mansell and Schumacher is quite an accomplishment!  :bravo_2:

Being Australian I'm a Webber supporter and wonder how Vettle has comprehensively beat Webber this year. In previous years Webber was more competitive, but in 2011 he's been just a few 100'ths off pole and Vettles race pace has been unbelievable. Marks starts also need a lot of work.

I'm looking forward to 2012 and see if Mark can be competitive and win.

Too bad gear box trouble kept Vettle from getting that last win. I was amazed that he brought the car home in second behind Webber. But I'm glad Webber got a win before the year ended.