• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Victory! Forks removed.

kzz1king

After reading some of the horror stories with the lower bolts I was a bit apprehensive. With a good dose of PB blaster, a lot of tapping and a prayer 3 came off. That fourth one was a scary one though! Now to ship front and rear off for springs and rebuild.

That upper right one when facing the bike was a major disaster for me. I eventually got it out but it was a PITA. Are you doing anything special to your forks?

Sending to DMr Performance suspension for springs and revalve. Needed seals so I decided to save myself some work and splurge a little! Sent rear shop in for same. Another member liked there work so I am trying it out.