• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WA Bun Cooler Rendezvous

Tim R

For those interested in meeting up for the ride to Kamiah, Lets plan on meeting at Bob's Café in Moses lake. Easy access with gas across the street.

One suggested meeting at 9:30 AM. I see no problem with that. West side will still have to leave at the crack of Dawn.

If traveling on I 90 it will be Ext 179 for SR 17 towards Moses Lake and Othello. It will be a right turn on Kittleson. Get there in time have a cup of coffee and breakfast while waiting.  Others traveling on SR17 It's right turn on Kittleson.

Address is Bob's Café 1807 E. Kittleson.

From there we might meet the TRI City guys. Open for discussion/idea's.

R U talking about May 16th or May 17th Tim?
I'm still watching the weather.  I know tomorrow's drop dead day for the buffet. 
Joe

Hello Tim,

I would like to join you for the final leg from Lewiston on to Kamiah. I figure you guys will be about ready for fuel and lunch by then. About 3 hrs from Moses Lake? 1pm (ish)?

I would also welcome any company coming from Western OR up I84, US 26/35 or US 97???  I'm in The Dalles and plan to leave around 2pm and ride to Lewiston Thurs afternoon. There is a $50 Super 8 in Lewiston and I won't have just ridden 6 hrs when I arrive in Kamiah;)

I'm looking forward to my first COG event since 2005!
Nathan

Nathan we would more than happy to have you join in. This way you will at least know some familiar faces. I'm not sure of the exact route yet. But as the B/C gets closer I'm sure everyone will come to a consensus. If we fuel in Moses Lake we should be able to make Pomeroy our next fuel stop. We might stop for lunch someplace in there too.

We have one guy coming on a Bergman. I don't know his range yet.  I'm working on getting my C14 ready to go. Changed a nasty air filter yesterday. Tim

I have tried Googling the range of that Bergman with no luck, evidently people who buy Bergman's aren't usually those who ride distance.  My friend Ladd said he will pack his 1 gallon can just in case. The guy on the Bergman should be just fine may be in the market for a Connie when it's all said and done but should be fine.

The Burgman (not Bergman ;) ) fuel tank holds 4 gallons.  Fuelly shows most riders are getting 45-50 mpg.  He'll possibly get towards the upper end with highway mileage, but maybe not if you're going fast. 

Chris

Shallow-wells - We are having a BBQ on Thurs. at our house, which is about 12 miles east of Lewiston. You are invited. PM me for directions.

Daboo said:
The Burgman (not Bergman ;) ) fuel tank holds 4 gallons.  Fuelly shows most riders are getting 45-50 mpg.  He'll possibly get towards the upper end with highway mileage, but maybe not if you're going fast. 

Chris

Don is having fun with his new toy. I have not seen his stable lately but I believe he still has a ST and a Hayabusa. There was a time when he thought a C14 would be nice because he liked mine. But the local dealer would not deal so he bought a ST. I know he sold a ST then found his Burgman. 

Looks like an extreme North east side including some Canadian friends  meet up will be at BIG WALLY'S located on 2 just out side Coulee City at 0730. Big Wally's is a Shell station one just can't miss. They have food and drinks with a grill too. This will get us to Bob's Café at SR17 and I 90 at a good time to get some breakfast and swill some coffee. 

Well I may have to leave work to meet you guys at Bob's to say hi and send you off. Nice weather this  year, but the BC will always conflict with my Ritzville Triathlon I am afraid.

(in case you are wondering, the events are;, Shoot trap, drink, Golf, drink, Bowl, pass out. I am in rigorous training.)

Would you maybe consider 10:00 rather than 9:30?  That gives us west-siders a little more margin for getting through Seattle traffic.  Chris R (Daboo) & I would like to meet up with you, we are about 30 miles north of Seattle.

Route up date from Cecil,

traffic light in Clarkston to cross the Snake R and to rejoin #12 as it leaves Lewiston (and to the ATM Dyna Mart truck stop, which would the only good waiting area for the guy who says he'll meet you in Lewiston.)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pomeroy,+WA/ATM+(Dyna-Mart),+Idaho+128,+Lewiston,+ID/@46.4212561,-117.0769037,13z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x54a1c2cdc6ab1c3f:0xe8562da56b74ad00!2m2!1d-117.6026896!2d46.4748738!1m5!1m1!1s0x54a035409ff49c77:0xb5e921c083797017!2m2!1d-117.0055533!2d46.4270843

I think I'll see you Friday,

Cecil

New info for me. No idea who this might be.

ATM Dyna Mart truck stop, which would the only good waiting area for the guy who says he'll meet you in Lewiston.)

Well, this is kind of messy correction.  Route message was intended as: avoid Lewiston City itself on route 12 due to reported bridge construction.  This is the link to viewing the uncorrupted map:

"Friends tell me there is road construction on Rt 12 Snake R bridge in Lewiston, so important to take 'our normal route' avoiding city altogether - left at the 1st traffic light in Clarkston to cross the Snake R and to rejoin #12 as it leaves Lewiston (and to the ATM Dyna Mart truck stop, which would the only good waiting area for the guy who says he'll meet you in Lewiston.)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pomeroy,+WA/ATM+(Dyna-Mart),+Idaho+128,+Lewiston,+ID/@46.439057,-117.4446074,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x54a1c2cdc6ab1c3f:0xe8562da56b74ad00!2m2!1d-117.6026896!2d46.4748738!1m5!1m1!1s0x54a035409ff49c77:0xb5e921c083797017!2m2!1d-117.0055533!2d46.4270843

I think I'll see you Friday,

Cecil"

Old Man on a Connie said:
We are meeting in Elko NV on Thursday. C U There?  ;)

I would if I  ould figure out how to draw a paycheck for the ride

ATM Dyna Mart truck stop - check.

It looks like I'll be waiting there huddled under a rain slicker...

Who else is rethinking there riding gear for this trip?

Nathan

Last Friday, the temps were in the mid-80s in Puget Sound and setting records.  My mesh jacket was great.  :)

Yesterday afternoon, I freshened the waterproofing on some of my gear, and dug out my heated jacket liner and gloves.  Ugh!  But I'll be there.

As a woman rider once said, "If you don't ride in the rain in Seattle, you don't ride."

Chris

Daboo said:
Last Friday, the temps were in the mid-80s in Puget Sound and setting records.  My mesh jacket was great.  :)

Yesterday afternoon, I freshened the waterproofing on some of my gear, and dug out my heated jacket liner and gloves.  Ugh!  But I'll be there.

As a woman rider once said, "If you don't ride in the rain in Seattle, you don't ride."

Chris

To quote a friend of mine, "There is no bad weather, just bad choices in riding gear."

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
The weather looks good for Sat. It looks like you wetsiders are bringing some rain with you on Thurs and Fri.
So from the Great SW. Looks like rain on Thurs and Fri with snow flurries in No NV. Then again on the way home Sun and Monday. We shall overcome tho'. We come prepared. At Dawn WE RIDE!

Connie puking coolant from water pump weep hole. Running hot but radiator cold. Bad news for the bun cooler for me. Maybe next year.

Nathan

Shallow_Wells said:
Connie puking coolant from water pump weep hole. Running hot but radiator cold. Bad news for the bun cooler for me. Maybe next year.

Nathan

Sorry to hear your water pump has turned in its resignation, but glad to hear it happened before you left home.  See you next year.

Shallow_Wells said:

Nathan
I have a rebuilt pump if needed.