• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WA ride coming - hold the date!

stevem

Attention PNW COGers! Bob Rainey (aka Island Bob, formerly Idaho Bob) is planning a ride the weekend of October 6-7 in the San Juan Islands. He is calling it the "I-Hop" ride since it will feature riding the ferry to at least one other Island besides Lopez, his home.

I am posting this for him since he has no Internet access, will provide more details as I get them from him. If you want to contact him before then his number is (360) 468-3123.

Steve

The Island Hop ride is getting closer :-\    ...call Bob w/  any questions...just remember that he doesn't always have reception.

Bump

OK, I finally registered.  Are you guys going to be typical COGers and just show up without registering?  I know I can't be the only one planning to go.  The first ferry out of Anacortes leaves at 6:20am and arrives at Lopez Island at 7:10am.  Bob says he'll be waiting there with whoever came in Friday night.  Friday night ferry schedule shows a ferry leaving Anacortes at 4:30pm, 6pm, 8:25pm and the Friday-night-only 10:30pm departure.  The cost to ride the ferry is $15.95.

I am planning on going, not sure if it will be Friday or Saturday. I should probably call Bob tomorrow and get the low down...

Hey guys,
So this is probably a dumb question but I've never taken a bike on a ferry before... Do you just put it on the kickstand or on the center stand or have to stay on it?? Any issues with a bike falling over due to the boat shifting or jerking etc? Sorry, a moving parking lot sounds a little scary to me for my Connie...  :017:

As for the full weekend ride, so is there a hotel or what are the accommodations for night time Friday and Saturday night?

Is anyone from the Portland area heading up to this?

On side stand, in 1st gear.
Most ferry rides in avg seas do not require a hold down strap.
If you are on the bike as the ferry docks hold the brake.

Sleeping accommodations are first come first served with either space on Bob's floor or space in Bob's garage.  Bring a sleeping bag and whatever makes you feel good underneath it.

Anyone been able to get a hold of Bob? I have called several times, never get an answer. Have left messages, haven't got a reply.

I want to go, but want to make sure I got a spot to flop and electricity for my magic sleeping machine.

Bob says he left a couple of messages to let you know he's got you covered.  See you there.

A good time was had by all.  There were just enough of us at Bob's that the last person to arrive (me) slept on a very comfy cot in Bob's garage.  We got up before the crack of dawn Saturday morning and went down to the ferry terminal to fetch some breakfast burritos that were quite tasty. Dave Owen missed at chance at scoring some venison for us when he didn't hit the deer that ran out in front of him, but we didn't hold it against him.  We rode some great roads and saw some cool stuff.  Here's a pic of our bikes on the afternoon ferry to Lopez from Orcas.

Here's a link to the album.
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee213/charliegaryrules/COG%20Rides/I%20Hop%202012/

I spent the day installing the Audiovox CC on the '05.
Been out to Bob's 5 times and with this nice weather it sure is worth the trip.