• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wanted: Left Antler (Bought a new one) and Possibly Rear Covers

mbrew

Howdy,

Lt. Antler is broke on my bike and sure would like a replacement. The bag is bolted on now and that's not a great solution for us. Bought one - I no longer need it.

I might also be interested in the rear covers The ones that go on when the antlers are remove and ove the rear luggage rack. I expect to always have bags on, but if I could find some cheap to match a '95, I'd pick them up to complete the bike.

Thanks for your time,
Mike

Over time, I have had the great misfortune to broken both antlers on separate occasions. I took each antler to a local welding shop and got them fixed for about $35.00 each.  It was done in a day. I dropped off an antler at noon and picked it up on the way home from work.

I took a little flat black spray paint the weld and dang if they weren't good as new.

Give the price of new or even good used antlers off ebay plus the transit time of shipping, you may want to consider checking out some welders in your neck of the woods.

What color tail cover do you need?  I have a gold beige cover with the tail rack that I will never use.

I have a luminous vintage red, which is Kawasaki speak for burgundy or a deep cherry red. I don't think it will get used much, so its not worth me taking one to the paint shop, but thanks.

I'd weld the antler, but I don't have the missing piece. I played with the idea of fabricating it, but it doesn't seem practical.