• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WANTED: Saucy lowering rocker

batboy

I have Soupy's adjustable lowering links (dog bones), but it don't work well with the ZZR1200 rear shock conversion. I modded the lowering links, but the fit is less than ideal and it rubs on the shock spring. Let me know if you have an extra Norm Saucy lowering rocker (1.5 inch drop preferred, but will consider other options).

Have you tried shimming the bottom of the links outward to avoid the rubbing. Maybe a longer bolt and some washers .

I thought about shimming the bottom, but haven't actually tried that yet. I'll take it back apart tomorrow and take another look. I just need a tiny bit of clearance to keep the lowering link from rubbing on the spring. Even if I can get this to work, I'd still like to try the Saucy rocker.

Thanks for the clarification, that explains why I was having trouble finding it.

Regardless, I don't need the Norm Soucy rocker anymore.

I was able to get the Soupy adjustable links to work. Shimming the bottom like Jim suggested was the key. But, you need to allow the bushing to rotate when the suspension moves up and down. So, I had to make a spacer out of a washer the same thickness as the shim (to make the bushing longer). It took a while--lots of trial and error, but I finally got it to work right.

batboy said:
Thanks for the clarification, that explains why I was having trouble finding it.

I was able to get the Soupy adjustable links to work. Shimming the bottom like Jim suggested was the key. But, you need to allow the bushing to rotate when the suspension moves up and down. So, I had to make a spacer out of a washer the same thickness as the shim (to make the bushing longer). It took a while--lots of trial and error, but I finally got it to work right.

Glad my idea worked. This will be helpful for others who may want to do this in the future. Post some pictures of the shins so others can see what you did to make it work. Post them in the
C-10 tires/suspension section.

Jim Snyder said:
batboy said:

Glad my idea worked. This will be helpful for others who may want to do this in the future. Post some pictures of the shins so others can see what you did to make it work. Post them in the
C-10 tires/suspension section.
Yes, please!  I'm looking at the same deal.  I want to do the ZZR shock, but I have the Soupy's links on right now.  I could go back to OEM links, but I do like the adjustability...

Batboy, if you have specs on your shims/spacers and don't mind sharing...PM me, please.  Thanks!

Sorry, I was out of town for a while and just now saw this. The next time I had it apart, I was going to take photos. But, not sure when that will be. If you are in the middle of this project, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Norm Soucy Lowering Rocker info from old discussion;

I thought that the Lowering Rocker that Norm Soucy made {for the C-10} was no longer available.
So I located him. 

{Has the 1 1/2" in stock}  Said he can make different heights.
  (He now includes new bearings and seals in all Lowering Rockers and sells)  {$200}

We briefly discussed the use of his Lowering Rockers and Longer shocks.
I told him, that people would be interested in his Lowering Rockers because of installations of C-14 (or other) shocks.
  He estimated that;
    A C-10 (with a C-14 shock and his 1 1/2" Lowering Rocker), the bike would set 1/2" lower than stock.
    A C-10 (with a C-14 shock and his 1" Lowering Rocker), the bike would set the same height as stock.

If this is of interest to anyone , contact him.

Here is his up to date info:  sanleonster@gmail.com
                                          phone# (281) 339-1156

Sorry, I was out of town for a while and just now saw this. The next time I had it apart, I was going to take photos. But, not sure when that will be. If you are in the middle of this project, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help you.
Batboy, I'm also looking to try this. I have Soupy's lowering links installed (love the lower seat height) and would like to upgrade to ZZR shock. Riding solo, so softer isn't such an issue. Could you please share your mods? Thanks