• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wanted.....Storz adapter

I can make you one if you can't find something. Just need a little info and an upper triple clamp for the bolt pattern.

Will let the "Wanted" simmer for a while and maybe something will show up. I'm not in a rush. Keeping your fab work in mind! Thanks

I had a set of those. I sold them. Can't say I would recommend them. Very light weight and small.

I've used the Moto-CNC conversion outfit from England on a couple of bikes. The quality has been excellent and the shipping time reasonable.
I actually rode around on a project ZX-9R in good comfort with these, and still have them. But they're 45mm.
This 41mm set should work.
If I didn't already have my 30-year-old Storz plate on the shelf waiting to go onto the current project Connie, I would use this.

I got lucky and found a set of Daytona bend bars with the Storz adapter on Ebay a few years back . Keep scanning Ebay , they do pop up now and then .

Maybe Cherryriver can chime in about these a little since he has experience with. I have looked and wonder about attaching them only to the fork tubes. Other than that, they appear to be a nice pieces.

BTW....doesn't bother me this thread has turned to discussion as I started it. Might learn something!

It works perfectly well. In fact, one might argue it's the better way- you have a more direct connection to the fork tubes themselves.
But pictures are more valuable, let's see what I have.
This is the installation on my Fifth-gen VFR, and it required those quick-and-ugly spacers to allow the lower arm of the Heli Multi-Tour Sport bars to clear the fork tops. This has been in place for over 10,000 miles now and brings great happiness to the aching joints.
I wish I could find a picture of the Moto-CNC outfit I had on the ZX-9R. Cracked me up.
I also have a very similar installation on my Sixth-gen VFR but using some very old Heli mounts from a ZZR1200. They work much the same. I had them laying around so the less-liked 6th gen got them instead of spiffy new ones.
I believe the shipping time on the kits I got via Ebay was only about two weeks, coming from Old Blighty.
Count me a big fan of that guy.
Incidentally, those actual Heli MTS bars were originally purchased for, and mounted on, yes, my first Connie back around '89 or so.

Attachments

• VFR Moto CNC.jpg
    VFR Moto CNC.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 93
Very good info Cherry. Thanks for helping to educate on these. They are looking better and better as a good alternative for converting to tubular bars. I see he offers it for fatter bars, such as 11/8 if using those along with silver or black option. Couple weeks wait time isn't a issue. Thanks again for the help.