• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wanted to buy headlight assembly

cuda

The mechanic dropped my bike, lowering it to the ground so now I need a headlight assembly; I've seen after-market ones for sale on eBay; does anyone know anything about them?
Thanks jim j

I have seen aftermarket parts from Chinese sources. Would be wise to stay 100 miles from them. I also saw a mid fairing panel of potential interest to avoid painting to get rid of scratches from PO. The Kawasaki emblem was missing and I would bet it had a hack job repaint. There have been some people parting out bikes in the forum that might have what you need.

Unless the guys a really good friend of urs, and was doing u a favor, its on him to replace with oem! Are u just being nice? And how the hell did it land on its nose breaking the headlight..?

Reactions: Bud
Sounds like an interesting story Jim. Care to find out what it is and pass it along? It might save one of us from doing something that might be unadvisable.šŸ˜‰

I know nothing about the quality of the aftermarket ones. (from China)
Did see this one advertised as US Stock. (I know it's Chinese)
But it may be worth contacting them to see if it could be returned "in USA" if it doesn't fit?

Also found several used ones on Ebay.

I think I have a new headlight assembly out in the barn. Paid 230 bucks for it when my Lawyer used it in court to demonstrate Modulating lamps for the jury. Pretty sure it is still in the box. I will check to make sure it is OEM. Been keeping it just in case but I can get pics and post them once I find the box this weekend.

I think I have a new headlight assembly out in the barn. Paid 230 bucks for it when my Lawyer used it in court to demonstrate Modulating lamps for the jury. Pretty sure it is still in the box. I will check to make sure it is OEM. Been keeping it just in case but I can get pics and post them once I find the box this weekend.
Reviving old thread. Freebird were you able to confirm "Oem" on your headlight assembly. If so is it still for sale thanks

Thanks for the PM. I did....but that was October and I have forgotten. I will go out and check this week as the weather is warmer.