• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Water drip

Tundra

My 2012 C14 was on the center stand today for maintenance. I noticed a small puddle of water on the garage floor after it was running. Then started again and let it run and saw dripping from the dead center middle of the bike off the pipes at the weld between the pipe and the header/cat. Crystal clear water, not coolant.
The bike hasn't been ridden in a week, I did not ride in the rain, I do not put a hose on my bike hand clean/detail only. My garage is not leaking, the top of the bike is dry?
Anyone experience this? Maybe pockets that hold water above the exhaust and vibrated out when idling in the garage? Then again I've not put a hose to her?
Anyone help solve this mystery?:unsure:

I'll take a stab at this one.
When the bike has been sitting a while and with cooler temperatures, moisture in the air can produce condensation that accumulates in the exhaust. Take the bike for a spirited ride so the engine warms up to full operating temperature and the higher exhaust temperatures will then burn off any moisture that may have collected in the exhaust pipes. You could also blip the throttle a few times and the exhaust pressure will help blow some standing moisture out of the pipes.

Anyone experience this ... when idling in the garage?
Anyone help solve this mystery?:unsure:
Yes, normal for mine if I run engine briefly in garage. thinking last time was early summer when I started bike for minute or three. I believe water vapor from engine combustion condenses in cold muffler, then drips out.

^^^ That's it exactly.

I just washed my bike while on the center stand and ran it only briefly afterwards. Was feeling a little lazy to dry every nook and cranny.

When I started it up for warmup while getting on my gear, I looked over and observed a fairly steady drip of water at the exhaust can forward collar. There's a small drain hole that allows collected water to get passed out as the exhaust warms also.

Once underway later, and fully up to temperature, there was zero water visible anywhere at the pipe.