• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Waukon Iowa camp and ride event! May 12-15.

Cobber

Cobber
Once again I will be hosting this camp and ride event in NE Iowa. Come ride some rolling hills, explore Amish country, visit the "Field of Dreams" or sneak across the border into Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Illinois.
Check the event page for more details and get registered.

Registered and ready for my first rally of the '22 year. This was a super relaxed event last year and everyone had a great time. Get yourself registered now. Scott and Lisa have a very nice campground reserved and the area has excellent roads and scenery. I hope to see all the slots filled again this year. See you soon!!

This is one rally I was looking forward to this year but unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to attend this year. Unforeseen circumstances and "life happens" situations.

I agree with what G-Mazz said about the campground and the roads, it's a very nice area of the country. I'll add that Scott is an excellent host and does a great job with the meals.

Lastly, I know there are some on here from Nebraska, my former home state, and since there isn't much activity in COG in Nebraska, this is probably the closest rally for you, if you are able to attend I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Okay, now after writing all this I have to try to figure out if I can possibly make it work 🙃 🤣🤣

Ride safe and stay focused
Dale

This is one rally I was looking forward to this year but unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to attend this year. Unforeseen circumstances and "life happens" situations.

I agree with what G-Mazz said about the campground and the roads, it's a very nice area of the country. I'll add that Scott is an excellent host and does a great job with the meals.

Lastly, I know there are some on here from Nebraska, my former home state, and since there isn't much activity in COG in Nebraska, this is probably the closest rally for you, if you are able to attend I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Okay, now after writing all this I have to try to figure out if I can possibly make it work 🙃 🤣🤣

Ride safe and stay focused
Dale
thanks for the response Dale, I know all to well about life getting in the way... seems everybody has a use for my time? I would have surveyed availability of folks prior to setting this campout date but it was pretty much decided by our own schedule or not have it. I am sure our paths will cross some time this summer. - I will not be making the National as my leave request was denied for that week (n)

I'm in. I hope to see more folks at this Rally. Scott and Lisa do a great job of putting this on.

Get signed up and get ready to ride.

Scott
I am hoping to make it but it will be a last minute decision. We have not started any field work yet due to the cold weather so that will have to take priority.

Scott
I am hoping to make it but it will be a last minute decision. We have not started any field work yet due to the cold weather so that will have to take priority.
Thanks for the update Jeff. Let's hope the weather straightens up a bit... Something's off when they tell you it was warmer in cedar rapids Christmas day than it was on Easter!

Scott, very unfortunately I will not make it this year. For those that haven’t attended, this is an excellent rally with great camping, roads and hosts.

Scott, very unfortunately I will not make it this year. For those that haven’t attended, this is an excellent rally with great camping, roads and hosts.
thanks for the update Tom, looks like I may have picked the wrong weekend for everyone's busy schedules. Been meaning to tell you also that I purchased the dry/wet tail bag that you showed me over to the Buffalo Rally - have been pleased with it so far - good money spent.

Gary and Judy are registered and we will see you on Thurs. afternoon. She is driving the camper and me on the C-10 sometime earlier or later. Thanks Scott and Lisa for putting this on again.

I got off the fence with an hour to spare! Was watching weather forecast and it looks to be warm enough, maybe dry too. Haven’t asked for Friday off yet, so not sure when I will get there.

Cya there Leo, gonna be riding ol' blue? No doubt weather forecast looks to be warm enough.
Will you be coming in on Thursday Leo or Friday?

Thought I sent a message on Monday saying Blue is not ready and I’ll be there on Friday morning for breakfast. Must not have hit send

What time is breakfast by the way? 😋 I don’t want to wake everybody by coming in too early and too loud. Truthfully I want to sleep in a little yet not miss your home made vittels!

A big thank you to Scott and Lisa for putting a fantastic camping rally. Everything was excellent! The weather was great with only one small time period with rain and wind. The temp was perfect, as was the food and the company. Anyone who didn't attend missed a good rally.

Anyone who thinks Iowa is only flat straight rods needs to visit the Driftless Plaine area of NE Iowa. There's plenty of hills with curvy roads in the area. Plus, it's very close to the excellent riding in SW Wisconsin. I spent one day in the land of cheese riding the alphabet roads, followed by the same in Iowa the next day.

Don't miss this one next year.

A big thank you to Scott and Lisa for putting a fantastic camping rally. Everything was excellent! The weather was great with only one small time period with rain and wind. The temp was perfect, as was the food and the company. Anyone who didn't attend missed a good rally.

Anyone who thinks Iowa is only flat straight rods needs to visit the Driftless Plaine area of NE Iowa. There's plenty of hills with curvy roads in the area. Plus, it's very close to the excellent riding in SW Wisconsin. I spent one day in the land of cheese riding the alphabet roads, followed by the same in Iowa the next day.

Don't miss this one next year.
thanks Jim glad you made it home safely.