• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wednesday Dinner at Run With The Wolf

motocommuter

All,

As some of us will be showing up Wednesday at TWO and their kitchen will not be open, Kay and I were thinking about cooking some Brats and sides for dinner. If we can get a list of of who would like to be included, we can have enough food for all those that wish to eat dinner. Nothing fancy, just brats, slaw, beans, chips, etc.

We will have a donation bucket available to help defray the cost of the food. Also, if someone is trailering and will be up Wednesday afternoon, I might could us some assistance in bringing up some charcoal and such.

So, let’s start the list:

Kurt B
Kay B

Kurt B
Kay B
Eddie M
Jimmie B
Cliff B
JERRY H
Dennis D
Reid Y
Ken W
Steve E
Steve J
Bill G
Tim C
Jack M
Jerry D
Debra D
Greg T
Norman H

FL_Cruzin said:
And thanks for doing this !!  Much appreciated !!

Yep what he said. Make sure you tell Kay thanks for doing this, I'm sure she thought of it anyway. She is the nice one afterall!  :nananana:

I'll volunteer Jimmie to help out with whatever you need.  :)

Just Cliff said:
FL_Cruzin said:

Yep what he said. Make sure you tell Kay thanks for doing this, I'm sure she thought of it anyway. She is the nice one afterall!  :nananana:

I’ll let Kay know that Jimmie will be assisting her, I’m sure between the both of them they should be able to make dinner for us.  :great:

Yea, I'm in, Kurt. My plan is to be at TWoS 4-5pm at the latest... May be two more from rainy FL in on a bite too, but I'll have them contact directly here... thanks.

Tom B
Bradenton, FL
(rain capital of the Southeast)...  :))

MotoCommuter said:
All,

As some of us will be showing up Wednesday at TWO and their kitchen will not be open, Kay and I were thinking about cooking some Brats and sides for dinner. If we can get a list of of who would like to be included, we can have enough food for all those that wish to eat dinner. Nothing fancy, just brats, slaw, beans, chips, etc.

We will have a donation bucket available to help defray the cost of the food. Also, if someone is trailering and will be up Wednesday afternoon, I might could us some assistance in bringing up some charcoal and such.

Kurt B
Kay B

Hi Kurt
Please add myself and my friend James Bosco (just joined COG and isn't on the forum).
We're riding other areas and will plan to get to TWoS in time to set camp and attend this dinner.
Thanks for the great idea and the work it takes to do it.

Wayne

Kurt B
Kay B
Eddie M
Jimmie B
Cliff B
JERRY H
Dennis D
Reid Y
Ken W
Steve E
Steve J
Bill G
Tim C
Jack M
Jerry D
Debra D
Greg T
Norman H
Tom B
Wayne S
James B
Lane H
Randy G
Don C
Phillip I

MotoCommuter said:
All,

Kurt B
Kay B

AND BEER ?  :great: :beerchug: :)

Just Cliff said:
FL_Cruzin said:

As in my typical fashion I was not thinking when I volunteered Jimmie to help. Seeing as we have a 11 hour, 600 mile day & not to mention losing a hour for time change.

It's doubtful we'll make it in time for her to be any help. I'll do my best though!  :motonoises:

Just Cliff said:
Just Cliff said:
FL_Cruzin said:

As in my typical fashion I was not thinking when I volunteered Jimmie to help. Seeing as we have a 11 hour, 600 mile day & not to mention losing a hour for time change.

It's doubtful we'll make it in time for her to be any help. I'll do my best though!  :motonoises:

No worries, we are going to prepare much of it before we leave the house so there will be minimal cooking required. Plus, i'm sure that some of the guys will assist. Kay is going to drive the truck up with all the stuff so we should have everything we need, just need help carrying everything to the camp.

You could leave Tuesday and overnight here, you and Phil could take off and play and the girls could ride up in the truck with your camping stuff.

COGnosticator said:
I will definitely help and I am sure that there will be more to volunteer so we got it covered
You mean I’ve gotta ride 2-1/2 hours to get there AND you expect me to help, too? Sheesh! JK. Happy to help out! 🤪

Hi. Yep count me in also for Wednesday afternoon. Right now I plan on bringing my tent up Wednesday morning in the truck and ride up later that day. What would you like for me to bring?

Ken, got you down. Kay is bring up the stuff in my truck, but if you have an table, that would help.

Kurt B
Kay B
Eddie M
Jimmie B
Cliff B
JERRY H
Dennis D
Reid Y
Ken W
Steve E
Steve J
Bill G
Tim C
Jack M
Jerry D
Debra D
Greg T
Norman H
Tom B
Wayne S
James B
Lane H
Randy G
Don C
Phillip I
Ken S

MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticator said:
You want me to ask Bill if they have a folding table we could use, I am sure they have one somewhere

Sure, I’ll have 2 2x4 tables, but more space would be better.

10-4 I will see if we can get two of them.  I will let you know, don't know why they wouldn't

I just talked with Carol at TWoS and she will have a folding table on the deck where the coke machines are located for us to use Wednesday night.  I should be in Wednesday around 2pm at the latest

Kurt, I'm stopping by to make a "delivery" to Jerry on Wednesday and would like to stay for a brat. I'll be back on Friday.
Ron

If any of you Florida peeps are not making this dinner due to the hurricane, please post on this thread. Please do not assume I will see other posts.

Kurt B
Kay B
Eddie M
Jimmie B
Cliff B
JERRY H
Dennis D
Reid Y
Ken W
Steve E
Steve J
Bill G
Tim C
Jack M
Jerry D
Debra D
Greg T
Norman H
Tom B
Wayne S
James B
Lane H
Randy G
Don C
Phillip I
Ken S
Ron S

MotoCommuter said:
If any of you Florida peeps are not making this dinner due to the hurricane, please post on this thread. Please do not assume I will see other posts.

Kurt B
Kay B
Eddie M
Jimmie B
Cliff B
JERRY H
Dennis D
Reid Y
Ken W
Steve E
Steve J
Bill G
Tim C
Jack M
Jerry D
Debra D
Greg T
Norman H
Tom B
Wayne S
James B
Lane H
Randy G
Don C
Phillip I
Ken S
Ron S

Will do, if possible.

Hey Kurt. When do you want to know by? It is looking quite doubtful for me and probably a bunch of other folks down here.

Dorian was supposed to hit me on Sunday into Monday, it has pushed back to Tues into Wed. I'm in the middle of the state NW of Orlando so shouldn't get roughed up too bad. Others are in the east coast area and will likely, though hopefully not, get really hammered.

SteveJ. said:
Hey Kurt. When do you want to know by? It is looking quite doubtful for me and probably a bunch of other folks down here.

Dorian was supposed to hit me on Sunday into Monday, it has pushed back to Tues into Wed. I'm in the middle of the state NW of Orlando so shouldn't get roughed up too bad. Others are in the east coast area and will likely, though hopefully not, get really hammered.

By Monday. I already purchased the Brats, as I was going to pre cook them this weekend. I will purchase and prepare everything else on Tuesday.

Our local weather forecaster is showing it coming to Savannah and staying a couple of days and leaving Saturday.

Hell, at this point I have no idea if I am even going to make it myself.

Kurt, go ahead and take me off the Wednesday list as I may still be in Savannah    :mad:

Never mind, Jean will be here to watch the dogs  :D As of now I am back on for Wednesday arrival

COGnosticator said:
Our local weather forecaster is showing it coming to Savannah and staying a couple of days and leaving Saturday.

Kurt, go ahead and take me off the Wednesday list as I may still be in Savannah    :mad:

I will be the new check in guy by default

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
COGnosticator said:

I will be the new check in guy by default

I got me a sucker  LOL  Don you can help, or take over  :great:

MotoCommuter said:
SteveJ. said:

By Monday. I already purchased the Brats, as I was going to pre cook them this weekend. I will purchase and prepare everything else on Tuesday.

Thanks. If the current forecast holds ( :rotflmao: ) it looks like a Friday departure.

I have no idea what the hell I am  going to do    :mad:

Just now looking at the forecast it will skirt along the coast and headed for Savannah

I don't even know if I am  going to make it at all.  I will have to wait and see 

COGnosticator said:
I have no idea what the hell I am  going to do    :mad:

Just now looking at the forecast it will skirt along the coast and headed for Savannah

I don't even know if I am  going to make it at all.  I will have to wait and see

Changing tracks of a storm do suck. When Irma messed with us a couple of years ago, also a storm that curved to the north, they kept moving the track from one side of FLA to the other. People were moving back and forth from one side of the state to another until the state ran out of gasoline. Finally it came up the middle, roughing our place up a bit.

My current plan is to leave on Thursday, of course assuming the current track and we don't lose power, or worse. My departure plans are ever changing, originally Tues, then Sun, Wed, Thurs, Fri, and now back to Thurs.

Travelling just after a storm also presents gas availability issues. After Irma, very few stations on any main highway had gas and the ones that did had some horrific lines until I got into AL.

If the track heads more out to the ocean I'll leave on Wed so I haven't given an official cancellation for Wed dinner yet.

Kurt, I'm a scratch. Anticipated arrival is Thurs. No way I leave earlier with Dorian dancing around.

Thanks for doing this, though, and all y'all eat well.

Thank you for doing this, I plan to be there Wednesday evening and would like to be included.  Joe Roetteis

Updated List:

Kurt B
Kay B
Eddie M
Dennis D
Reid Y
Ken W
Steve E
Bill G
Tim C
Jack M
Jerry D
Debra D
Greg T
Norman H
Wayne S
James B
Lane H
Don C
Phillip I
Ken S
Ron S
Joe R
JERRY H
Randy G
Tom B
Steve J
Jimmie B
Cliff B

MotoCommuter said:
Updated List:

Kurt B
Kay B
Eddie M
Jimmie B
Cliff B
Dennis D
Reid Y
Ken W
Steve E
Bill G
Tim C
Jack M
Jerry D
Debra D
Greg T
Norman H
Wayne S
James B
Lane H
Don C
Phillip I
Ken S
Ron S
Joe R
JERRY H
Randy G
Tom B
Steve J

Scratch me & Jimmie,  not looking like we'll even make it.  :mad:  Nothing weather related, not sure I'll be able to ride. Still holding out hope we can at least come Thurs. but we'll see.

Just Cliff said:
Scratch me & Jimmie,  not looking like we'll even make it.  :mad:  Nothing weather related, not sure I'll be able to ride. Still holding out hope we can at least come Thurs. but we'll see.

Updated the list.

Hope you all make it. We were looking forward to seeing Jimmie, you not as much.  :nananana: