• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wee re you been all my life!

herbie

I change motorcycles so much I even get confused on what bike I'm currently riding  :))

Just picked up a 05 wee strom 650. So far this bike checks all my boxes. I'm really pleasantly surprised at the smooth power this generates. I think I may keep it a while.  ;)

Attachments

• New v5.jpg
    New v5.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 157
Dang Dan that's awesome! Did you have any issues with breakdowns or anything? I've read a lot about this bike but don't know how it fell off my radar, I agree it seems to be a great bike. I had a Kawasaki Versys 650 a few bikes ago and I loved that bike as well (except the seat). The versys seemed to have explosive power and I couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground when the hooligan would come out of me and I just knew I would be getting visits by law enforcement if I kept it up  :)    The wee will power wheelie too but nothing like the versys. The power seems to be linear and more controllable. It's very comfortable and did I say smooth? Oh yeah it's smooth  :great:

Congrats Jerry!  Nice looking bike.  Either that bike has been lowered, or you're a rather tall feller!  Those require some pretty long legs don't they?

Nice scoot!  Love that color.  Hope she brings you miles of smiles.  :motonoises:

Ninety degree V-Twins are particularly good at controlling vibration. Suzuki has done a great job with this engine design, without creating unnecessarily expensive exotica (e.g. Ducati, Moto Guzzi). I'm on my third V-Twin and second SV650S.

Thanks Bud! Yeah I'm a tall feller. 6' 1" and it fits me perfectly. I'm not sure if it's been lowered but I would say no. I have started with the farkles already. Installed Suzuki hand guards, Suzuki centerstand, a belly pan, some grip buddies and or course my cup holder, gotta have my Ice tea  :)

Thanks Marty! Yeah it is a purty blue with the black accent color.

Thanks George! Yeah the engine is so smooth and me being used to 5 speeds I have caught myself cruising down the highway at 80 and thinking "do I have another gear" Oh yeah "click" this is a 6 speed  :))

Great bikes for sure, but just be aware they've had an ongoing issue with alternator stator windings taking a dump. I think the issue has been resolved for most model years, and the aftermarket has stepped in with more robust replacements.

I've put over 100k on my '07, it's my favorite bike in the stable, and I am confident there are many miles left in it.

connieklr said:
Great bikes for sure, but just be aware they've had an ongoing issue with alternator stator windings taking a dump. I think the issue has been resolved for most model years, and the aftermarket has stepped in with more robust replacements.

Thanks Guy! I didn't know about that one, but I've read the earlier models have been super reliable. thanks for the heads up though

Rob said:
I've put over 100k on my '07, it's my favorite bike in the stable, and I am confident there are many miles left in it.

Dang Rob, I'm not sure I've put 100k miles combined on my bikes much less on one bike. That's good to know that it has been so reliable and that you like it so much.

connieklr said:
Older Suzuki regulator/rectifiers were crap.  I changed mine out with one similar to what is used on a polaris razer IIRC.  I did the same thing on the GL650.  This is a common mod for bikes with the old shunt type regulators.