• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Week of July 4 road trip out of Phoenix, Arizona

stimpy77

Training Wheels
Just got the boss's approval for taking the week of July 4 off as vacation. I'm tentatively planning a road trip out of Phoenix on my C10. If I don't go up to Idaho to see family (parents), in which case Idaho is a truly beautiful state to poke around in, I'll be wading through endless "best motorcycle rides in the southwest" lists and come up with something worthwhile.

I've been riding motorcycles for only about a year now, the vast majority of my miles have been on dirt (on a dual sport CRF250L), but with the recent purchase of my '99 Concours I am relieved I can finally go on extended road trips, even though it isn't an ADV bike, that's quite alright, there's a lot of America worth seeing on asphalt! I'm just hoping this old Connie holds together long enough for a weeklong ride.

EDIT: Nevermind. After rebuilding the carbs and 3 days of dry riding my Connie is peeing again. Posted her up for sale. https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcy/6140466935.html

Ping Jockey said:
You could easily take 3-4 days wandering around Utah on your way to Idaho.
Aye. UT, CO, SW hills in So Cal. Stay at elevation. Heck Prescott and Flagstaff can take 2 days. Devils Hwy between AZ and NM. Room reservations may be a challenge during the Holiday. Post up your plans. Somebody may join ya!  :beerchug: :) :great: :motonoises: