• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Well Hello Again, it's only been 7 years - Twin Cities MN

peteguhl

Well howdy once again - I've finally decided to re-up my membership only 7 years after I started my guest membership! I've got a 2009 Concours 14 I bought with nearly 40k on the clock back those several years ago and have put a few thousand more on so far. What convinced me to sign up was I had decided to request a tune from Steve (Shoodabeen Engineering) and I was just blown away with him calling me to talk about what I wanted/expected. The man is truly just a great guy and spent what must've been at least 30-45 minutes on the phone with me - I wasn't expecting a call but had honestly the best conversation I can recall in recent memory with the guy.. but back to hello again - I've also decided to share my services with anyone in need - I have the capability of programming modules on all years Concours 14 and, really, most Japanese bikes as long as I have the right adapter cable. I've programmed multiple immo keys, fobs, a FI ECU, and can also program TPMS sensors (doesn't have to be Kawasaki brand either!) along with the SMART ignition module. All of this I can do with a little $450 ODBStar iScan that I can throw in my hard bags and bring to a rally or event. I've also a good amount of tools at home in case there's a member in emergency need of mechanical assistance.

Yo Pete welcome back!

Recently moved from MN to PA - want to come back…. Love the mug - that’s MN “and no joke”.

Too bad we didn’t link up before we left, possibly cross paths again - maybe soon.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Yo Pete welcome back!

Recently moved from MN to PA - want to come back…. Love the mug - that’s MN “and no joke”.

Too bad we didn’t link up before we left, possibly cross paths again - maybe soon.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
Thank you! I may have seen you or vice versa - if you've ever seen a red '09 Concours 14 with a crazy aboard in the the Twin Cities area, it was probably me! I'm actually from Florida if you can believe it - wife is the one with family ties up and over here. I've been dying to do rallies, even back in my XS11 days but never really made it out. Hoping to fix that and just share a few rides with folks.

Thank you! I may have seen you or vice versa - if you've ever seen a red '09 Concours 14 with a crazy aboard in the the Twin Cities area, it was probably me! I'm actually from Florida if you can believe it - wife is the one with family ties up and over here. I've been dying to do rallies, even back in my XS11 days but never really made it out. Hoping to fix that and just share a few rides with folks.
Pete - Let's plan on going to the National rally next year. I've been wanting to go to a rally as well.

U guys should get to the national next year!!

One if the good things about living in the midwest, was the centralized relationship in getting to the national rallies. Since i moved to the southeast im not as motivated to ride/drive and trailer 2200 plus miles. But i love evrything about being down here, especially NO SNOW... and riding 320+ days a year if i choose to....

I have thoroughly enjoyed every national ive been to.... even the 'mo twisties' rally in missouri.. that was a hot week!!