• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Well it finally happenned...

Zachnorrod49

Big Wheel
Hello everyone, So I am relatively new to riding (Comparing myself to more experienced riders I know) and I am the proud owner of a 1999 ZG1000. Beautiful machine, mine has a few scratches in it already but I have been determined to show her some love. Well, this last week, while maneuvering her around the garage I lost balance and she gently fell over. I was lucky my brother was upstairs and could help me pick her back up, but nevertheless a drop is a drop  :-[ . It would be fine if that was the end of my story, but I parked on an incline in my driveway and it happenned AGAIN  :mad: . I guess it would be fitting as a less experienced rider, this is my first sport tourer, that dropping my bike be my first post on the forums. Luckily no damage other than already present scratches but a very bruised ego. Glad to be apart of the family  :great:

Well that's a heck of a first post!  If you weren't on the bike when you dropped it in the garage, my advice is to be on the bike instead of beside it.  I find it easier to keep the rubber side down that way.  As for picking the bike back up again, it's all about technique.  Watch this.
https://youtu.be/I5k4Uj3YTnY